Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Greetings from Perth Australia.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
119 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  09:20 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add JamieSpat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I'm a Yank (not Yankee fan!) living in Perth by way of 10 years in Malaysia. Have previously collected mostly US coins but ventured into Asian and now trying to figure out the Aussie coins.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
9039 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jamie: Welcome to the CCF!

Make sure that you visit the Perth Mint in Hay Street soon, if you haven't already
You will discover in there a 400 ounce gold bar which you can handle (kind of)!
There a few good coin dealers in Freeo and in Perth.
In Freeo, you will also find the yacht (Australia 11), which took the America's Cup from the New York Yacht Club.

Which football club do you support: the Dockers or the Eagles?

I have a brother who lives in Kalamunda.
Edited by sel_69l
03/04/2012 07:47 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  10:45 am  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jamie
Plenty of Aussies on here to help you out.
Pillar of the Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF
Formerly nancyc
Australia
3722 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jamie to CCF.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.

Nancy
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2823 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  4:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G'day & welcome to CCF
Peter, in Darwin
Valued Member
Australia
119 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JamieSpat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! I specifically joined because I noticed a lot of Aussies on here. I've been to Freo a few times but yet to visit any coin dealers. It's on my list.

I'm not sure who to root for (Eagles or Dockers) but I hear you have to pick one! Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5077 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  06:39 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yank
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2043 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  08:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome aboard, Jamie, from another West Aussie,
and I have a mate named James who is a Yank.

Steve
View my Coins, Banknotes & Tokens (NOW WITH OVER 8300 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 224
Learn More...
United States
21886 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  01:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Papoose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jamie,
Sending you a warm welcome from South Australia. I'm a newbie also, but I think it's a great place to be. I hope you have fun here.

I don't know if this is allowed or not, but I've received an email from CCF advising you had a message for me. I've looked but your message was moved (I don't know why) and I can't find reference to it.

It must be about Berlin World Coin Show Dragon.

Can you send me a message?

Thank you
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5254 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  04:22 am  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mate! Glad you found us here at CCF!
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05