Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello Names Phil , And im Addicted to Morgan Dollars .. :)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  6:26 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Well hello , Again names Phil , From NJ ...Im 29 years old and been outa work the past few month waiting to get Knee/Back surgery .. Pretty painful and not enjoying this much haha ..

But I've Been collecting for the past 5 years (started with Wheat pennies) .. but within the past year I've progressed to Morgan dollars and have become Insanly addicted haha ..
Im basicly here looking for other that are knowlegable with the VAMS and what not dealing with the Morgans ..

Ive never Sent any coins to TPG's yet and also interested in maybe either talking with someone on here about that once the time comes . Or hopefully I can link up with another Local collector that would be willing to walk me through and explain the process .. Any info about that is greatly appreciated ...

But hope to meet some new Coin addicts and make the best of this resource for learning what im having trouble on my own .. these VAMS are fun searching for , but some are tough pinpointing the exact VAM Numbers ..!

Thanks for reading and again hope to be able to help other as well ..

\m/ Phil \m/

Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wvparadox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome Phil, you've come the right place if you need a resource for Your addiction. Probably most of us here have some kind of addiction to coins or currency. I have completed my Morgan dollar date set Dansco album years ago and am not looking for more Morgans at this time but there are plenty of experts on Morgans and VAMs here. Try searching in the upper left hand corner to see previous threads, you may just find all the info you need about submitting to TPGs etc.
PS my addiction now is completing my Dansco 7070 and looking at other's completed sets
Learn More...
United States
21374 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome , you guys ROCK \m/ (0_o) \m/ ...Thanks for the warm welcome guys .. Cant wait to get some more time on here to do more research >!

thanks again fellas .!
\m/ phil \m/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5046 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  7:13 pm  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Phil! I'm a fellow vammer too, it's pretty addictive huh?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ur not kidding Westcoin ,

Im just impressed with the coins alone lol , now learning about the VAMS its just took a strangle hold on me and what free time I had haha ..

but , wouldnt wana be doing anything else .. really fun , and I cant wait till I find a new Discovery .. would be sweet to say I GOT IT haha ..

thanks for the welcome Westcoin , Hopefully I can get to pick your brain alil :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1274 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Drsandman2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are in the best of hands here. There is a great VAM forum, although my experience with Morgans is limited to the 30 or so I own. Welcome!
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  11:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome Drsandman2 .

Ive been researching alot of the posts here , and wow your not kidding alot of knowledge in the VAM area .. (and im sure once I poke around ill see its pretty well rounded info on here)

Thanks again gang for the welcome , cant wait to find my FIRST VAM .. so close . I can smell it ..
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TonedMo87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No better feeling in the world then to cherrypick a great VAM coin off unbeknownst to the seller, I think the hunt is more about half the thrill!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1486 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:27 am  Show Profile Check Coinstar's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coinstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
welcome I just got this one --you might like it...
"The internet? Is that thing still around?" Homer Simpson.
Edited by Coinstar
03/10/2012 12:29 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  12:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Yea But , I LIKEM ALL ! ,, BUT ---- How would you have known that j/k? haha :)

Kinda scary cause I am looking for a 1881-s (just ms63) to complete a run of 's' graded ms63 I've been working on ..

U got more photos ? I wana see

*edit to my earlier post just noticed that typo .. ** Ment the I cant wait to ATTRIBUTE my first VAM , Not find .. I know they all are just a matter of being able to figure which one it is ..

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05