Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Paper Money and Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

3 consecutive serial numbers 1 dollar bills value

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
scott3270
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1111 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2008  7:33 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Image: 100_5736.JPG
40.48 KB

i received these as change they are 3 2006 1 dollar bills with consecutive serial numbers they were uncirculated when I got them I had to leave them at my fathers house and he ended up lightly folding them so there is a light fold down the center.

my question is what were these worth if they were still uncirculated I dont know much about consecutive serial number values thanks for the help.

Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2008  7:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
about 3 dollars right now but I keep all consecutive numbered bills I get from circulation for no other reason than it may be worth something when my kids kids get my collection
Valued Member
United States
346 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2008  7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TimJing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I honestly don't think they're worth anything due to the ease of being able to find sets of 50 or 100 consecutive bills these days. Seems like you could just ask a bank for any brand new bills they've just received.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
10899 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2008  9:57 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you had three consecutive star notes, you would definitely have a keeper. As it is, you can go to any bank and get a strap- 100 consecutive notes. 2006 w/Henry Paulson signature is the newest series so it is readily available.
ANA R-3151318
Valued Member
United States
442 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2008  10:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add clembo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup,

Worth $3 for three of them.

You can ask at the bank and they often will have fresh packs. Set a few aside in a non PVC currency holder if you wish. They will go up but slowly.

Now should the Feds drastically change the design of the $1 note as they did with anything from five on up they'll increase more dramatically.

Star notes are better as mentioned and it really boils down to how much you're willing to set aside at little or no return on investment.

Gotta admit I got carried away. Got more notes from 1995-2001 than I really need.
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2008  11:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lperry3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work at a credit union and whenever we order $1's we get brand new bills in stacks of 100 consecutive bills. I've been waiting to get a stack of consecutive star notes for quite a while now.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3985 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2008  11:29 pm  Show Profile Check daviscfad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
keep what you like! I got these the day they came out I think from a Wal-Mart

I know you cant tell from the pics but they are consecutive notes
Selling common wheats at 4 cents each IN BULK. E-mail for details.

Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05