Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dawn of New Millenium silver coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  01:57 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Chadwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello everybody. I'm Chadwick. Long time read, first time poster.

I have a question for the members of this forum.

I have bought recently a silver bullion coin which looks similar to a ASE except that it is slightly smaller in diameter yet thicker. On the face side it has the typical walking liberty as seen on all ASE's. However, on the reverse it has a picture of the sun and beams and the words - DAWN OF A NEW MILLENNIUM -

I've attempted to look this coin up, but have found little information about it. I am assuming that this may not be a US minted coin. Nonetheless, does it have any collectivity or significance? If anyone would be able to enlighten me, I am sure the members of this forum can.

And I thank you all in advance.

Chadwick-New coin collector and silver hoarder

Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr Finger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a Pic?...we love our pics here!!
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  02:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr Finger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this it?

http://www.coinpage.com/coin-image-1495.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  02:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Searched it up on google and found this:

http://www.coinpage.com/coin-image-1495.html

Seems like a regular silver round, made by a private mint. In this case, it's not worth that much over face, and definitely much less than any ASE.

But... it's still silver!
Pillar of the Community
United States
781 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  02:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jedichef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i've seen these a lot. I've seen them sell from $11 to 20. is it the same as this one? They have basic silver bullion value. Is the legend, "1 Tr. Oz. .999 FS" a valid guarantee of true and complete silver content? Or is this a loophole for companies to make an item WITH .999 silver but not necessarily made ENTIRELY out of silver?

Image: 60f8_1_b.JPG
62.7 KB

Image: 0126_1_b.JPG
58.71 KB

These are made by Silvertowne. you can find them at Silvertowne.com I don't really know anything about them. These pics are not mine. Found them on eBay.
Valued Member
United States
405 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  02:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr Finger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe they were produced by a company called "COINS OF AMERICA"
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chadwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the coin I have. Bought it at a truck stop for $18. Its the only large 1 tr. oz. silver coin I have ever bought that wasn't an ASE.

The coin sounds like silver and looks like silver, however I suppose the pure content is not ensured with a coin like this.

Thank you everyone for the information. Much appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1121 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2009  09:24 am  Show Profile Check neversuited1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add neversuited1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chadwick..Welcome. If it is produced by Silvertowne or companies like these and it is stamped .999 Troy Ounce, then you are looking at bullion, which like others have said is bringing a little of spot price. $18 isn't that bad of a buy in my opinion, with the trend of silver climbing the last week and looking long term.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05