Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Classic Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

What happened to Coin Vault?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
texasmick
Pillar Of The Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2006  01:10 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add texasmick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I really enjoy watching the Coin Vault program on shopathome tv. But it hasn't been on this week. Also, I don't see coins at their web site any longer.

Does anyone know what happened to Coin Vault?

Thanks

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
2161 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2006  03:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appearently they went broke or something. Such ads cost a fair bit you know.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2006  06:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grovey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honest Rob (aka) Robert Chambers and his sidekick Paul (wonderboy) Hollis packed up their goodies and went home. Shop at home T.V. went belly up. You can read about it here.

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/50579.html

Too bad I'll miss all the good late night entertainment.

Maybe they went to sell cars...at least alot of people have been saved by not geting sucked in.

I don't sound too sarcastic do I ?

Valued Member
United States
458 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2006  09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CiScO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I wanna tell YA, that ah, S@H was where I first bought some proof sets many many years ago when prices were reasonable--For the last couple of years tho, prices on Rob's & wonderboy's CV have rather been insulting--Lately I noticed that all they were selling was ASE, paper & other super-overpriced coinage-(Perhaps they were trying to keep scripps from closing them down). I found them to be somewhat entertaining except for lately, whereas they became extremely boring and the competition was eating them up alive on prices--Do not fret, there are still 3-4 other coin shows on tv--coin country seems to be the only one that occasionally have "decent" prices for stuff &/or will "negotiate, or take bids on stuff"--You also have that other dude with "Laura", and of course the idiot that pushes the ICG holders and the plated junk on america's store & hsn--
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2006  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coolg35748 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wasnt that the show with the tall guy that looked like he was made out of plastic? They just had a 48 hour anniversary weekend if I am not mistaken the 18th one.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1203 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2006  6:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add OldDan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well neither of these guys will be out of a job very long. There are at least three or four slabbing companies out there that will snap them up in a heart beat. Can't let all those MS70's go down the drain, now can we?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2006  6:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were entertaining I use to love to scream at them for there overprised items and there Hype Get it know SGS grade mS-70++++++ 2006 Lincoln penny ooly a few like it in the world retail price 50,000. but yours fo $300. special CV prices. LOL that used to get me fired up
Edited by scoutjim99
05/28/2006 7:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2006  7:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coolg35748 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, like a penny would be worth $50,000 you would have to be dumb to pay that much. They didnt even use PCGS Or NGC it was some cheap slabbing company.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2006  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add djluster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by coolg35748

Yeah, like a penny would be worth $50,000 you would have to be dumb to pay that much. They didnt even use PCGS Or NGC it was some cheap slabbing company.

Accually if you were to buy a 1909-S VDB RED in MS67 grade you would have to spend $86500.
A penny that sold on eBay
1877 Indian Head cent CERTIFIED MS65 RED PQ RARE BEAUTY
INCREDIBLE STRIKE, FANTASTIC LUSTER, NO DISTRACTIONS
$13,498.00
so there are a few penny out there that would cost 50,000.00 to get Also Coin vault sold alot of coins slabbed by NGC I think most of there slabbed coins were.
Edited by djluster
05/28/2006 8:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
458 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2006  10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CiScO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey members--For those of you who were CV fans, be advised that they are back on ALL WEEKEND for their last hurraahh--
Thought I'd let you know--It is all non-stop nothing but coins on S@Htv--Still over priced, just not as much--FREE Shipping & handling for all shiny stuffies--
[:p]
CiScO
Edited by CiScO
06/03/2006 10:16 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1395 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2006  10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dsking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You betcha djluster! Those cents in any grade are rare and valuable Cool. The little 1877 Indian that I was looking at in below Good started at $400. The 1909 Indian is just as pricey in the higher grades. The list goes on and they will continue to climb after 2009 I'm sure. Folks are just starting to hoard the pre-1982 cents. We'll see what the future brings for the little copper bothersome pennies?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
986 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2006  9:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fengk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was flipping throw my cable when I came upon their show, and just had to laugh. They were selling 2006 Silver Proof sets for "only" $49.99. And whats more, the original price was $79.99. Ha, you can get the sets from the mint for around $38.
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2006  9:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coolg35748 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they were selling half proof sets also, :D !
United States
1154 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2006  9:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add laxmaster92 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WHat channel is it on? Im in New york would it be on CH 8? Thats usually where I see stuff on coins
Pillar Of The Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2006  7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add texasmick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to those who responded. I caught a bit of their blow-out marathon on shop@home this weekend. It is always fun watching punch-drunk short-timers say whatever comes to mind.

I really enjoyed watching CoinVault and I'm gonna miss it. I suspect that we'll see Chambers on another cable show eventually. Some have recommended Coin Country, but I haven't located it yet on Comcast cable.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
604 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2006  5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Buffaloboy5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh coin country sounds interseting I should look for it
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05