Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Silver Eagles vs. Canada Maple Leafs

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
cownas22
Pillar Of The Community
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  12:17 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cownas22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Are ASE's more liquid than Maple Leafs?

Has anyone gone to sell and found one is easier to sell than the other? I personally don't think there would be much difference, but with ASEs you might pick up on some US coin collectors verses strictly bullion buyers.

Any Input? Thanks

Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m9frank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, in my area, ASEs are easier to sell.

I'm not sure why, Canadian Silver Maple Leafs have a silver purity of .9999, the highest purity silver coin struck by a government mint. Personal preference I guess.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
3106 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  1:40 pm  Show Profile Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People tend to stay away from Canadian money in general. I don't know why. It has the same value as US dollars.
Selling paper money: http://gtacoins.ecrater.com
Want to Buy or Trade: Nuevos Pesos Méxicanos (UNC): P95, P96, P97, P98, P99, P105a and P105b.
Nickel, not Nickle :)
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dvorak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would think so in the US. Even non-bullion/coin people have probably seen an ASE and know what it is. CML are not as common and IMO, usually have a higher premium. This also hurts liquidity.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2258 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
having recently purchasing gold and silver bullion coins, gold is gold and silver is silver. I am not sure if it matters much that one was minted in s. africa, canada, china, etc... its gold... its silver... right?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
3106 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  8:53 pm  Show Profile Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's right. But some people "like" Pepsi, while others are trained to "like" Coke.
Selling paper money: http://gtacoins.ecrater.com
Want to Buy or Trade: Nuevos Pesos Méxicanos (UNC): P95, P96, P97, P98, P99, P105a and P105b.
Nickel, not Nickle :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2258 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2010  9:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and like what was mentioned earlier, maples leafs are the purest...

i had a similar dilemma when debating to buy saints or rands...but with that, as the same with ASE's, you will have the premium..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2010  12:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To a dealer, its just as liquid as your cash. Of course, I still feel it's time for a design change as I mentioned in a previous posting.
Edited by fcrazo
04/17/2010 12:14 am
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2010  12:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bryan1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
personally I like the ASE better just because I like the design to it compared to the maple leaf.
Valued Member
Philippines
383 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2010  6:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pandesalapi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the same as comparing Apple (ASE's) to an Orange (Maple leafs)...
I prefer to choose ASE's because of its supernice design and lastly... Made in USA is Made in USA
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05