Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 WAM

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  11:30 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Woohoo found my first WAM lol It has a little spot of Verdigris on the top ,should I try and clean it ?
Thanks in advance ,
Matt-

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11195 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  12:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't clean it. Use a tooth pick on it first.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11345 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  2:27 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! That's a NICE one too, looks to be at least MS-64.

NEVER clean a coin! Instead, conserve them! Don't use a dry toothpick on the coin or you will damage the surface. The first step is to use water. Just take it to the sink and hold that area under warm, running water to see it it comes off.....do not rub!

If that fails, I recommend you consider using my product. Click on the link in my sig for more information.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add splatto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what does WAM stand for/what is a WAM coin?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11345 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  4:02 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.lincolncentresource.com/wideams.html
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add splatto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks!
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2010  7:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add needgames4lyfe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree on using water to try and clean it
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WAM #2 fingerprint killed this one

Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You found another one already! I don't know how I missed this thread the first time - I'd have said congrats!
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Scooby ,I actually overlooked it when I was going through a searched box looking for 82's lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice finds!
Valued Member
United States
433 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2010  8:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add parkquarters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It has a little spot of Verdigris on the top ,should I try and clean it ?
yes use warm water and a rose thorn if you have too not a tooth pick ![quote]

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11345 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2010  11:03 am  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW....another one that fast? This one is pretty nice, AU or so.

Congrats!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2010  6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Thad 2 2000 WAM's in 35,000 pennies I cant imagine how many till I find my first double lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2010  12:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wolf-n-wa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats the one and only 2000 WAM I found dont look that nice at all. Now I may be really stretchin this but it almost looks like a ghost D under the year also. WOLF
Rest in Peace
United States
3039 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2010  12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add numismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will acetone or alcohol remove the fingerprints on the 2nd one ?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05