Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Coins, Bank Notes, and Paper Money

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

2012-MAGNETIC CANADA PENNIES

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Penny4Me
Pillar Of The Community
United States
745 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  6:35 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Penny4Me to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

it appears the 2012 MAGNETIC ONE CENT WILL BE IN STORES & BANKS SOON!
This person has 2012 MAGNETIC ROLL CANADA PENNIES.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-MAGNET...em19cd94d08f

Early Last year in 2011, the CANADA PENNIES started out as NON-MAGNETIC, then mid-year they were made as MAGNETIC.
This year 2012 ? will both be made again or will mint stick with entire year of MAGNETIC CANADA PENNIES, like in 2008?
I need one of each if any one has some

Valued Member
Canada
219 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2012  10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DvntMstr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im waiting for rolls right now and as soon as they come in l will be sending you one, l am guessing they will all be magnetics this year
Pillar Of The Community
United States
745 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2012  12:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny4Me to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks!
any ideas why some years the mint makes CANADA PENNIES 1/2 year in NON-MAGNETIC, then rest of year they make as MAGNETIC?
2006 was both NON-MAGNETIC & MAGNETIC
2007 was MAGNETIC
2008 was MAGNETIC
2009 was both NON-MAGNETIC & MAGNETIC
2010 was NON-MAGNETIC
2011 was both started NON-MAGNETIC & ended MAGNETIC
2012 MAGNETIC only?

I have heard that Canada mint has bought NON-MAGNETIC penny blanks from US in past....not sure how true this really is?
Valued Member
Germany
164 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2007 was MAGNETIC

Technically, the year was Magnetic and Non-Magnetic!
But the Non-Magnetic Variety accounted for just 1% of the total. But it was made for circulation purposes with almost 10.000.000 pieces.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
745 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny4Me to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought the 2007 Non-Magnetic Variety was made only in mint un-circulated sets.
Also, in the year 2010 a Magnetic Variety was made only for mint un-circulated sets.... not Specimen type
all Specimen type at least since 2001 were Magnetic Variety.
has anyone in Canada ever found 2007 Non-Magnetic Variety in circulation?
Edited by Penny4Me
02/12/2012 6:14 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  6:23 pm  Show Profile Check Bm0ney's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Bm0ney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been looking for an 07 zinc for a long time with no luck.
http://www.ebay.com/usr/temporarysanity
"A 3rd class ride is better than 1st class walking." B$:)
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2883 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  6:56 pm  Show Profile Check Libertad's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this really what canadian coin collecting has come to? Picking out magnetic coins and non-magnetic coins? Really sad.
http://gtacoins.ecrater.com
Want to Buy or Trade: Nuevos Pesos Méxicanos UNC!: P95, P96, P97, P98, P99, P105a and P105b. :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
745 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2012  9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny4Me to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
any ideas why the ca mint keeps making CANADA PENNIES in BOTH NON-MAGNETIC & MAGNETIC?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2012  12:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Magnetic Maple Leaves?

Explain, please?
Oldest coins in my collection: US silver ~ 1839 O dime | US non-silver ~ 1851 Large Cent | Foreign Silver ~ 1945 Australian Sixpence | Foreign non-silver ~ 1910 UK Penny | Ancient ~ Constantine era Roman

Now Red Paper Clip Trading!
Valued Member
Germany
164 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2012  03:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this really what canadian coin collecting has come to? Picking out magnetic coins and non-magnetic coins? Really sad.

Why do you consider this to be sad?
I think it is fun to find out which version of the 1 Cent coin is being made for circulation.

Quote:
any ideas why the ca mint keeps making CANADA PENNIES in BOTH NON-MAGNETIC & MAGNETIC?

The RCM orders the blanks in large quantities. For a couple of years now, the RCM can decide between zinc or steel blanks, and they order the ones that are cheaper at the time of purchase.
In contrast to the US Mint, the RCM is much more cost conscious regarding the 1 Cent coin.

The figure of the 2007 non-magnetic 1 Cent is from the RCM's annual report. Therefore I consider it to be trustworthy.
Edited by redlock
02/13/2012 03:41 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2012  09:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, thank you, redlock.
Oldest coins in my collection: US silver ~ 1839 O dime | US non-silver ~ 1851 Large Cent | Foreign Silver ~ 1945 Australian Sixpence | Foreign non-silver ~ 1910 UK Penny | Ancient ~ Constantine era Roman

Now Red Paper Clip Trading!
Valued Member
Canada
74 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2012  2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bargar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found both 2012 magnetic and non magnetic in my change
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  09:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few of each magnetic and non-magnetic 2012 pennies.

I also have a 2005P magnetic penny. Any value? I can't find any details on these.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
890 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  11:02 am  Show Profile Check RoyalSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RoyalSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you have a 2005P NON MAG? Thats a very, very valuable coin. There is a long thread on it here in the forum.

The two sold went for around $3000 each.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
604 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  11:19 am  Show Profile Check middross's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add middross to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also have a 2005P magnetic penny. Any value? I can't find any details on these

He has a 2005P Magnetic.
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  11:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deepdark1972 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So the non mag 2005P is the one to keep. Check.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05