Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2004 pointy A

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  04:36 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Claired to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have looked at pictures on ebay and on here and compared with my own coins and I still really cannot identify what exactly this error actually is Would someone with one of your expert brains please be able to explain it to me in more detail?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  04:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Get any 20c from 99-present, other than 2004.
Get your 2004 coins.
Put another year next to your 2004 coins and you will be able to see very easily that the majority of 2004 20c have a smaller head. To confirm it is the smaller head you look at the first A in Australia. If the top of the A is blunt then you have a small head.
If you cant tell the difference between your 2004 then chances are they are all the small head variety.
I will put a photo up in a little bit.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey cobba, aboard the good ship CCF

To the question at hand..well once you know what your looking for you should be able to do it by eye but a looking glass might help to start

Here is my one and only "pointy A" so far The top pic is the normal 2004 notice the flat top on the capital "A" in Australia then in the bottom pic see how the A has a very distinct point..hope this helps the queens head is a little bigger in the pointy as well..can put up a pic if you'd like

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You stole my thunder Ausjack! I just got them out of the drawer and then saw this! jeezzz

From Ausjacks photos you can also see the text is much closer to the rim with the pointy A variety.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope this helps as well, the one on the left is normal, right pointy and see how the crown is closer to the rim on the pointy

Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
shiit, sorry enworb Heres some back..rummmble rummmble
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  05:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well just think of the time and effort I saved you so now you can just put them back hehehe
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Claired to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow- I can definately see it now - thanks for the pics, made it SOOO clear! I'll have to check through my 2004s and see if I have any. Thanks again!
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2012  06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Claired to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found my 1st pointy A today! Very exciting!
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2012  06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Claired to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found my 1st pointy A today! Very exciting!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2012  06:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done mate I looked for ages before I found my one and only..wejust gotta keep lookin
Pillar of the Community
Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2012  07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done Claired.
I have not found one yet.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05