Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found my first 1996 "double bar" 50c today.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  11:06 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I was starting to tbink I would not find one, but found one today.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  11:56 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the only two I've found were very weak is that the same with yours?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  12:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1966 of 1996?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
872 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  12:16 am  Show Profile Check Jeff's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jeff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wasn't me that said it but it is correct..."The more you search, the luckier you get".
Keep looking and soon you may have some more (1979 too).

If anyone doesn't have a double bar and wants one, or two, let me know. I have plenty with strong bars.

Jeff
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to." Joe Moore
Pillar of the Community
Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1996, and it is fairly faint, but definately there.
I have several 1980 and 1979 already.
Thanks for the offer Jeff.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  01:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, there you go. That's all new to me. To the price guides for not being correct.
As obvious as it is McDonalds has only included the more popular 1979 & 1980. I always knew there was a double bar 1966, but all these other possibilities have now arisen.
Pillar of the Community
1119 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  02:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erkle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
its the first spot I look on all 50's
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  02:44 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I thought you meant 1966. I have never found a 96. Will have to start looking now!

Nice find
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05