Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Main Coin Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

How many Albums/Sets are you trying to build?

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
trout1105
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4841 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  05:17 am Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Is it just me or are there other collectors out there that have several sets/Albums on the go at the same time.
I have at least a dozen to try and complete and at the same time I always am on the lookout for upgrades to my completed sets

Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
5851 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  05:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am working on my Birth Year Set, just waiting on one order. Then will update my want list and get more in the set. And I am waiting on the 2012 US mint set to get other albums updated. So, that makes 7 albums/sets that I am working on.
Edited by Fuzzy317
03/01/2012 05:27 am
Valued Member
Turkey
64 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  05:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add apeka to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am working on my Birth Year Set

That sounds pretty interesting! Just US coins or World coins?
Edited by apeka
03/01/2012 05:53 am
United States
5851 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That sounds pretty interesting! Just US coins or World coins?

World coins. So far, I have 77 coins from 40 different countries. There is a link to the album in my signature.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3320 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  07:05 am  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It always sparks my interest when I see a coin from my birth year.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  07:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wvparadox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the list for me:
Lincoln cent P&D from circ
Jefferson nickle P&D from circ
Roosevelt dime P&D from circ
ATB quarters P&D (haven't seen a single one in circ here in WV, buy complete year set once a year on eBay)
Kennedy half P&D (don't circulate, usually buy on the Bay)
Presidential dollar P only (my mother is doing this for me with rolls from her bank!)
ASE circ (mom again) & proof (mom pays $50 towards this every year)
Proof sets (again mom and dad get these for me every year !)
Merc dimes
Dansco 7070
Do I have an addiction ? If so I'm enjoying it
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
4841 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  07:14 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK I'll fess up.

Canada
50 cents
cents

US
Kennedy halves
Washington quarters
lincoln cents
Roosevelt dimes
Jefferson nickles
Indian Head cents
Mercury head dimes
Franklin halves

Aus
1 dollar
2 dollar

Completed (But always upgrading)
Aus
1/2 penny
1 penny
3 pence
6 pence
1 shilling
florin
1 cent
2 cent
5 cent
10 cent
20 cent
50 cent
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an Ike set that is three or four coins away from completion, a Kennedy set I am working on, I am about half way finished with my proof set collection, working on a Lincoln penny set, collecting random commemoratives as I go, working on a Morgan dollar set, building up a high quality SLQ set, and plugging in all the rest as I go.

Sticking to just one series or album is boring in my opinion and collecting is all about having fun. Only problem is that I forget what all I need for all the different sets.
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  08:42 am  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets see:
Done:(up to date)
1. Kennedy
2. Jefferson
3. Lincoln Mem.
4. SBA
5. Ikes
6. Pres.(single MM)
7. Sacagawea
8. Franklin
9. ASE
10. Buffalo nickels
11. Washington Clad
12. Clad Proof Sets 65-to date
13. Roosevelt (silver and clad)

Still working on:still need
1. Lincoln Wheat (12)
2. Peace dollars (4)
3. Indian Head (8)
4. Type Set 7070 (30)
5. Walking Liberty Date set (10)
6. World Set (only have about 40)
7. Mercury dimes (1)
8. ATB (many)
9. Liberty nickel (3)

Just starting:
1. Canada small cents
2. Canada Nickels

Jim, I have quite a few extra Lincolns,Jeffersons,Roosevelts,Canada small cents and Washington clad sets if theres something you need.
Edited by BLUESZONE
03/01/2012 10:40 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sets that I'm working on are just what I can get out of circulation:
Lincoln Cents: through 1974 (though pre-1941 I only have two)
Jefferson Nickles: through 1970
All Kennedys, Ikes, Sacagaweas, and Presidentials.

Oldest coins in my collection: US silver ~ 1839 O dime | US non-silver ~ 1851 Large Cent | Foreign Silver ~ 1945 Australian Sixpence | Foreign non-silver ~ 1910 UK Penny | Ancient ~ Constantine era Roman

Now Red Paper Clip Trading!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
12268 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over 100 Albums and constantly adding more and upgrading the present ones. All US coins. Some Plastic tubes of Canadian coins, a few boxes of foreign coins in 2x2's, way to many duplicates in 2x2's in boxes, piles of rolls.
just carl
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  10:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have too many.
  • FEC/Indian Cents
  • Lincoln Cents (mostly from roll-hunting)
  • Buffalo Nickels (done excluding varieties)
  • Jefferson Nickels (100% from roll-hunting, down to 5 holes)
  • Mercury Dimes (two different sets)
  • State and Territory Quarters (silver proofs only)
  • ATB Quarters P, D, proof and silver proof (once a few packages arrive, I'll be 100% up-to-date)
  • JFK Halves (almost complete, mostly from roll hunting except 2011-present)
  • Eisenhower Dollars incl. Proofs (P&D has one hole, missing most of the proofs and silvers)
  • Sacagawea Dollars incl. Proofs (P&D is complete)
  • Presidential Dollars incl. Proofs
There are others I'm aspiring to collect but I haven't focused on much yet:
  • 3 Cent Silvers
  • Standing Liberty Quarters
  • Walking Liberty Halves
  • US Type Set
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  10:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinmap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have Jefferson, Roosevelt, Washington, State, Territory, Parks, Kennedy, Eisenhower, SBA, Sac, and Pres all in unc, and up to date.

I need 17 to finish Lincolns in unc.

I have Indian, 2-cent, 3 cent nickel, 3 cent silver, Liberty nickel, Liberty Head dime, Merc, 20 cent piece, standing Lib quarter, Franklin, and Trade completed in xf grade.

I am still working on Half Cents, Large Cents, Half Dimes, Shield nickel, Buffalo, Bust Dime, Seated dime, Liberty Head dime, Bust Quart, Seated Lib Quart, Lib Head Quart, Early Half, Seated Lib Half, Liberty Head Half, Early Dollar,and Seated Lib Dollar, all in xf.

I am also getting close to Morgan dollar in au.
United States
20306 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I have left to complete...

Lincoln Cents, Indian Head cents, Buffalo nickels, Mercury dimes, and the 7070 type set.

Of course, I am always adding the modern coins as they come out (which includes the new ATB quarters).
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn about my new avatar and my old one.

>>> Chicago Blackhawks - 2013 Stanley Cup Champions <<<

Did you know that our members sell on eBay and that there is a better way to search it?
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VetStudent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few years ago I was diagnosed with NADD (Numismatic Attention Deficit Disorder)...I can't seem to focus on one collection/series.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1725 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2012  12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im working on finishing my Canadian silver dollars. But now I bought an album for Lincoln cents from 1909-1940
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05