Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Modern Variety and Error Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

1999 WAM reverse proof

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
RJrelics
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  09:08 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add RJrelics to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Found this a while ago while roll searching. Any help on grade and approximate values would be appreciated thanks.

Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  09:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rickmp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What makes you think that's a proof?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3569 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  09:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he mean't proof reverse.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's gonna depend on how bad that spot is on the reverse. If it's corrosion, which is what it looks like from here, it's going to reduce the value a lot. If it's just gunk or debris, it won't be so bad. Your best bet would be to search completed listings on eBay and see what ones in similar condition have gone for.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
11182 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  10:08 am  Show Profile Check coop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the wide A M. But it not a proof reverse. These were business strike dies with the Wide A M on them. If it were a proof die, then the devices would be very brilliant. This I don't see on these coins.
Richard S. Cooper

Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, I've completed an Educational DVD of these. Become a supporter of this site, send me your address and I will send you a DVD. Many have loved this so far. I just completed version 11. The most updated version yet. So if you haven't got a copy yet, it is a good time to do so. I also have a DVD and one for windows media player. The one for media player is nice for your computer as it is clearer in images. Let me know which you would prefer. If you are a new member and wish the DVD, make your donation and have them pass on to me where you would like this shipped. Most have really appreciated this to increase the coin knowledge. Thanks for your support!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  10:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A number of references describe these as proof-style reverses, and the proofs for these dates to have the wide AM. They may not be proof dies, but wouldn't they have to be dies made from hubs intended for proof dies?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only found one years ago that I dumped by mistake . I wonder if other roll searchers find any in the jersey state because ? Duo my roll searching I think these 99 wan didnt came to jersey !
Congratulations its kind of rare , nice variet coin !
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kingcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Red Book has it at $500.....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4128 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
wouldn't they have to be dies made from hubs intended for proof dies?

Quote:
But it not a proof reverse

Not struck on a proof planchet or with the force of a proof...but still a proof die....?
Stay brown and hail the Boognish.
Edited by amida17
03/03/2012 12:18 am
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  01:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add leonardpusher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not struck on a proof planchet or with the force of a proof...but still a proof die.

Think alike...
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  08:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob213 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Amida17 is right--or at least certainly not minted in the Proof process, but the die was hubbed from the same Proof hub.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2012  7:20 pm  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was the design intended for proof coins.Not sure it is worth splitting hairs over. Nice find !
Lincolncentresource.net
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
11182 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  01:26 am  Show Profile Check coop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like housing the value is dropping with more examples being found.

The dies don't show the proof finish on them Just business strike dies.
Richard S. Cooper

Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, I've completed an Educational DVD of these. Become a supporter of this site, send me your address and I will send you a DVD. Many have loved this so far. I just completed version 11. The most updated version yet. So if you haven't got a copy yet, it is a good time to do so. I also have a DVD and one for windows media player. The one for media player is nice for your computer as it is clearer in images. Let me know which you would prefer. If you are a new member and wish the DVD, make your donation and have them pass on to me where you would like this shipped. Most have really appreciated this to increase the coin knowledge. Thanks for your support!

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  08:04 am  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked completed listings.
Raw similar to yours went for $115
Slabbed MS 65 went for $760
Slabbed MS 66 went for $1000
Slabbed MS 67 went for $2545

Lincolncentresource.net
Edited by Maineman750
03/07/2012 08:30 am
Valued Member
United States
268 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chadwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I sure am glad I have found one of these. It is one of the few coins, in my opinion, that can still be found in the wild and will become a significanly desired variety in the future. I expect the 1999 WAM to become a major key to any cent collection in the future. I wouldn't sell mine anytime in the next decade.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phazon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have went threw 400$ in pennies only found 1 doubled die and no Wams and there so suppose to be more common? the 1999 anyways and I still have not found one :(
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05