Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1883H 5 Cents Victoria

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  01:20 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Stutzman108 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Ok, so this one was sort of an impulse buy.. I know this is a damaged coin, but I'm still thinking at least VG 8 (hoping anyway). If not, I can always turn it in for it's melt value

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30067136299....m1439.l2649

Edit: I know the eBay links are probably a pain, so I'm including pictures that the original seller has posted.

Edited by Stutzman108
03/05/2012 2:30 pm
Valued Member
Canada
115 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  4:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Terry-T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IF it didn't have the damage (besides the hole it looks like the obverse has other problems), I'd say VG-8 reverse, G-6 obverse, but with the damage, forget about any numismatic value; silver value only.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5839 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  4:31 pm  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It, at one time was a 'holed' coin, shame, silver value only.
True North
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stutzman108 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see, being still somewhat new at this coin thing I thought the damage was insignificant if it were small like that hole. Ah well, I guess it's a hard learned lesson to stay away from problem pieces... it's best I learned this time before I made an even costlier mistake I suppose.
Edited by Stutzman108
03/05/2012 11:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5839 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  06:21 am  Show Profile Check SHAFTA9a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought the damage was insignificant if it were small like that hole.

That hole is not that small.

Quote:
... it's a hard learned lesson to stay away from problem pieces...

Yes, true, if you come across coins like these no matter how rare the date, they are only good for melt.

I have a 1893 Canada ten cents (flat top 3) in about EF condition but, with a hole that was probably used for a necklace at one time.
True North
Valued Member
Bulgaria
180 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2012  6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goldcoin10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
only silver Value
Edited by goldcoin10
03/31/2012 6:12 pm
Previously Ousted
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2012  1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coingirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silver value any way you look at it...
or a filler , waiting for better..
Valued Member
Canada
365 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kitkat1858 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw an 1873 5 cent coin from Newfoundland on eBay last week that sold for $75 U.S. + shipping... and it was bent and holed. I suppose there are some exceptions...as always.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05