Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Should I buy it?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  12:42 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Someguy wants to sell this coin to me for $8 plus shipping so $9.50. Is this a good deal?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4306 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  12:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AG3 obverse, G4 reverse....Not a good deal but a fair deal...IMO
"...being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead." - Vonnegut
Pillar of the Community
United States
3339 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  1:56 pm  Show Profile Check rachums107's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would take it right now if I were you, but that's because I love Seated Liberty dimes and you don't often find problem free even wear coins that cheap.
"Once you free your mind about a concept of harmony and music being correct, you can do whatever you want. So, nobody told me what to do, and there was no preconception of what to do."
-Giovanni Giorgio (Giorgio Moroder)

Silver War nickels found: 97
Oldest CRH find-1897 V-Nickel
Ignorance is bliss...but knowledge is power.
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:03 pm  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would take it, it is definitely the top of what I would pay for that one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
510 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jcook54 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd pick it up. Not a steal but I like dimes and the price is fair.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im going to get it... for $8.75 I cant go wrong.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andrew289 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd walk away. $8.75 can buy a lot more unless you are wealthy.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12926 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  7:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tuff decision since it is about an $15 + coin for the price you mentioned. Even with postage at $9.50, you'll never see that again.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
890 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:08 pm  Show Profile Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty fair deal.....low grade but worth the price.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Andrew? what do you mean? This is a piece of history. Im just bought it today and it should be in the mail.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2120 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Namachieli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would probably jump on it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, He has a whole spread sheet of coins that he is selling.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1572 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a decent deal, worn but problem free.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4165 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GR58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO - not a great deal .. .but not a bad deal either.

How I look at buying coins like this is, what would it cost to purchase a better grade.
Numismedia list a 1856 large date at $22.00

So in my opinion, you maybe spend $15.00 or so more (with the $9.50 your spending on this coin)
and you might be able to find a very nice VF coin.

But again .. $9.50 for this coin is not a bad deal
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a huge american collector. I might start Morgan dollars or peace but thats basically it. but this is a nice old coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9053 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  11:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a good deal to me especially if I am understanding the first post to mean that it is $8.75 and $9.50 total after including the shipping. I think some here have read it as $8.75 for the coin and $9.50 for shipping, total of $19.25
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05