Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lincoln Cent Varieties

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  01:33 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add penny4urthoughts to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I am a beginner at this, so bear with me,please. I have almost completed the Whitman's Lincoln Collection Book 2, The Last 3 holes are labeled" Varieties". What Varieties are they talking about? Also I am 3 cents away from completing the 1970;s part of it... three S coins. Anyways, I would appreciate the List of Varieties they are talking about..is it the VDB, then when they added the FG, and the period there were no mintmarks from any mints? Or is the wheat back, the LM, and the ? Are those even Varieties? Or is it the different tie and beard?LOL

Pillar of the Community
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  02:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add papatony to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out Ken Potters Variety Site:
http://koinpro.tripod.com/

Wexler's coins and Die Varieties
http://doubleddie.com/

and
Design Varieties at Variety Vista
http://varietyvista.com/Design%20Varieties.htm

There are many Varieties.
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  03:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny4urthoughts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you PaPa!
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  03:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny4urthoughts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!! I really like the ken Potters site...Im excited just from glancing at the first few categories...Thank You again!....dot dot dot .............You know, the only part I understand is that I could probably help him manage a fluctuating metal pricing to stay current on his pricing... after that.... there are 100's of varieties just in the 1947's alone....I only need 3.... cant someone just look in their book and tell me what they are? That's not cheating is it?
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  03:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mudd1761 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Papatony gave me the same limks and the helped a lot
Pillar of the Community
United States
3489 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  07:02 am  Show Profile Check Maineman750's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Maineman750 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it only says "variety"..the choice is up to you..put in the first three varieties you find.
Lincolncentresource.net
Pillar of the Community
United States
2150 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jokingjoker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also check coppercoins.com for a more comprehensive list.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1151 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2012  5:50 pm  Show Profile Check cladhunter13's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cladhunter13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For your particular folder...I believe the slots are for any 3 varieties that you may have/find. You can insert whatever 3 you like to.
Check out my current eBay Auctions http://www.ebay.com/sch/louisetimg1...pg=50&_sop=1
One of my favorite Coin Roll Hunting finds of 2010
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2012  03:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny4urthoughts to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
THANKS GUYS!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7616 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2012  12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 'varieties' slots are for you to place anything you want into them.

Furthermore, the "FG" stands for the designer of the Memorial cent. They were never "added" to the design - they have been there since the design's inception in 1959.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05