Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946 Booker T. Washington no mint mark, value? possible grad

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
63 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2012  9:27 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add baer2ymcmb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Here is yet abnother coin from the many I have yet to post here on the coincommunity forums. This one is a 1946 Booker T. Washingtion, it has no mint mark and appears to be in really good shape IMO. I Took it with us when we went to one of the coin shops and didnt really bring it out until a later visit, I noticed this specific coin inside a display case and it was being sold for over two hundred dollars!! so I decided to ask about it..when I did, I was told it was not nearly worth as much as his booker.t.washington halkf dollar only because his was almost uncirculated and mine was very circulated. when I did a visual comparison, I noticed mine seemed to be in better shape, but I did not question the man. his also was in one of those fancy cases you get when you send your coin off to be professionally graded by those fancy grading companys. mine is not. anyways, he later told me this coin was in extra fine condition(his verbal grading of my coin) and he seemed really eager to buy up all of my coins so it yet again made mer eager to sell them another route, as if I could get more out of them then what was being offered. he told me it was only worth about twenty five-fourty dollars. which isnt bad for a 50c piece, only im curious what you guys think the condition this coin is in and a possible value? and is it worth me spending 30-50$ to have it sent into anacs or another professional grading company. not sure how these photos look, I mean I do but im not sure if I need to take them in a different setting. let me know guys and ill do what I can to get better ones taken, im using my fiance's android razr to snap the photos btw.

here are a few front and back side shot's I took.

Edited by baer2ymcmb
06/08/2012 10:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
764 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cant see the pictures but I can say that you need a total of 250 doesnt matter what topic you post under.
ANA member #3169039
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2012  9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add baer2ymcmb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
re-uploading images right now. sorryu guys!! ): fixing this now!!
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2012  10:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add baer2ymcmb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there we go.. I just edited the post I first made upon creating this topic, the images should be up there and loaded for viewing. please and thank you for all input and help figuring out these mysterious coins me and my fiance have. all and every bit of information is much appreciated and needed, as we are interested in selling and or holding onto these coins. look for other topic/post's from me as I will be uploading other images/coins here shortly. thanks@!@!@ (:(:(:
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2012  11:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add baer2ymcmb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so sorry! I didnt realize posting more than 2 photos would lag the page so much! I took all new photos of all our coin collection, not sure how good they are going to come out but I took them outside during the sunset, so they should look a little better and easier to judge. sorry im going to have'ta repost this topic on the booker t. I feel the post isnt getting proper attention due to failing on my photo upload at the first and having to edit and repost topic. please check for newer improved/w-better photos bookert.washington post aswell as many others varieng from dimes,nickels,pennys,half dollars,full dollar coins & even a special 2dollar bill(i hope) lol!(: please keep an eye out for me and help a father,mother and daughter out!(with selling our coins/grading so we know what to be like when going to sell)
Learn More...
United States
21724 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2012  11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=121274
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05