Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Libertas Americana Medal-Real or Restrike?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2012  8:57 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add uscoins0408 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello, Community! I have a Libertas Americana Medal, how do I tell if it is a restrike or the real thing? Besides the pictures I have provided, here is what I know for certain: It weighs 25.6 grams, it is slightly larger then an Eisenhower dollar, the edge is completely smooth, not reeded or lettered, and is NOT magnetic at all. If anyone could let me know if this is the real medal, a restrike, and what is is worth, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Edited by uscoins0408
08/11/2012 8:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2012  9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ErrorCoins222 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would suspect that it is a counterfeit and not an original or restrike. The details just seem cartoonish. I know little about them though, so I'd wait for other opinions.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11122 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2012  10:07 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neither, it is a modern fake of very poor quality.
ANA R-3151318
Pillar of the Community
United States
796 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2012  3:08 pm  Show Profile Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Counterfeit.

John Lorenzo
United States
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05