Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 Canadian Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 Canadian Commemoratives and Non-Circulating Coinage (NCLT)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

2013 8 Dollar Silver 1.5oz Polar Bear coin?

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22
Pillar Of The Community
1007 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2012  2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rockdaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you a racist or something?
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  12:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlatinumDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured we could take a break from arguing over who is right and who is wrong about the production of the polar bear. It is available in both the U.S. and Canada, so everyone should get over it and be happy. If you like it, great, if not, go find something else to do.

For those who are interested, I purchased some of the capsules for this coin. They fit it very well and I think they look nice. I personally like the white ring air-tites. See photos:

I appreciate all those who have contributed to this thread. I like the polar bear coin and am happy it was made.
Valued Member
Canada
428 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2012  01:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jerry_B to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the nice pics, PlatinumDuck!
Wonder what you're using for photo setup.
The ring capsule looks great. I have mine in a 39mm capsule. It doesn't fully close, but I had to struggle a bit to open the capsule to take this picture.
Shot with a Nikon Coolpix L610 (just got it a few days ago).
Camera was handheld for this photo. The pinkish reflections are from my fingers holding the camera. Lighting provided by living room table lamp. Cropped with MS Paint.

A treasure is to be valued for its own sake and not for what it will buy.
- Graham Greene (author)
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add midtown1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rockdaddy:::No. I know a few Middle easterners and Americans. They are both friendly God fearing folks. Your missing the point, and it's based on observation of the Buffalo round (or nickel)...A brave on one side and a Buffalo on the other..
Hmm .. What happened to the Buffalo and the brave warrior?...I therefore thought the two sides of a U.S. exclusive should have someone
killed in war on one side (B. Laden) and something that's no longer around on the other (Space shuttle). Dark and satire but not racist.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add midtown1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back to the bear. I can't think of a better buy for silver right now than this bullion. Whether you buy one or a thousand. It'll probably do the same moves as the wolf, or even one better!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
639 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only have one at the moment, but I'm looking to buy a tube of 15. Anybody know who has the best price right now?
It seems like this coin has the potential to command a nice premium much like the 1oz wolf. Thoughts anyone?
Edited by Mrpiedfort
12/29/2012 10:51 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1079 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  11:37 am  Show Profile Check Lostwords's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Mrpiedfort Gatewest seems to have the best price
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
639 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mrpiedfort to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Lostwords, Thanks
Gatewest selling for $58.21, not bad when you look at the prices on eBay.
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add freightrain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Mrpiedfort Just can't use a Credit Card to purchase them....
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
514 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add marty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got my x38mm capsules from air-tites.
It fits very good no problem.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Canada
1524 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  9:36 pm  Show Profile Check samsnate's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
doesnt fit in my 38 mm. Well it does, just doesnt close properly all the way.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Canada
1524 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2013  9:38 pm  Show Profile Check samsnate's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ PlatinumDuck and Mrpiedfort ----- PMs Sent
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1938 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To Platinum Duck:

Quote:
For those who are interested, I purchased some of the capsules for this coin. They fit it very well and I think they look nice.

Does it close fully till the end?

Could you please publish where from did you get the capsule (URL or eBay ItemID)?
Valued Member
Canada
61 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add freightrain to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my Holders today. I went with Black and they really make the coin pop!!
Silveroid we purchased the holders here

http://www.air-tites.com/Air-Tite_R....UOSvvm9ZUrV

And we are using the X38mm and you choose if you want Black or White.

freightrain
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1938 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2013  5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you freightrain, for the info.

Although prefer to see the coins in the capsule only (without foam), but in this special case ordered some whites and blacks.

Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05