Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Favorite Pattern Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10878 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2012  11:45 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just wanted to know if you have a favorite pattern coin and what it is.
John1

( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Learn More...
United States
13992 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2012  5:34 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without a doubt, a Judd-206. I definitely want this coin.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10878 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2012  5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice,keep them coming guys and gals.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
1324 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2012  11:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

1879 Flowing Hair Four Dollar Stella, Judd-1636, Pollock-1834, Low R.7, PR64 Gilt NGC.

Design. The Charles Barber 1879 Flowing Hair stella design, Large Head (neck tip extends well past the 1 in the date). A profile of Liberty with flowing hair faces left, LIBERTY on her coronet. The rim inscription is punctuated by stars--6G.3S.7C7GRAMS--and the date 1879 in large numerals is below. The reverse displays a prominent five-pointed star with the inscription ONE STELLA / 400 CENTS incused inside. The large letters for the outer inscription read UNITED STATES OF AMERICA / FOUR DOL., while smaller secondary letters encircling read E PLURIBUS UNUM / DEO EST GLORIA ("To God be the glory"). Struck in copper, gilt, with a reeded edge.
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2012  12:08 pm  Show Profile Check JobIII's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JobIII to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the Walking Liberty half dollars. Mainly because of design on the reverse.
Follow my blog here: xxJOBIIIxx.blogspot.com
Quick link to my blogs photo collection: xxJOBIIIxx.blogspot.com/coin-pictures
What coins are we selling? Check here and please remember to follow us also: CoinWholeSales.blogspot.com

Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2012  5:15 pm  Show Profile Check edgman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edgman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My personal favorite is the Standing Liberty quarter. One of the nicest coins ever. Have to see it uncirculated though. Loses those beads around the edges to easily. Mercury dimes comes in a close second though.

Just my opinion

edgman
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2012  5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ericmckeown to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a beautiful coin edgman! The SLQ may be my favorite as well. Uncirculated of course
Pillar of the Community
United States
8837 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2012  7:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow thread stayed on topic for two whole posts.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10878 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2012  7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your right Conder101 LOL, but still nice to see your favs.
John1
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2012  07:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ram96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like anything with a buffalo on it.
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2012  10:35 am  Show Profile Check JobIII's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JobIII to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My bad just realized the op was looking for patterned coins and not just favorite coin. Oh well.
Follow my blog here: xxJOBIIIxx.blogspot.com
Quick link to my blogs photo collection: xxJOBIIIxx.blogspot.com/coin-pictures
What coins are we selling? Check here and please remember to follow us also: CoinWholeSales.blogspot.com

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05