Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Vendor" or "Commercial" Hot Deals

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1218 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  8:40 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I've seen similar thread in other forums so I figure I'll start one here. As the title suggested, just post what you consider as a hot deal from various vendors. It may help folks get cheaper coins and expand their collections

Someone in RFD found this a few days ago and I'll post it here

Quote:
Colonial Acres have all three of this years 1/25 gold coins for $329.95, a saving of $60. If you buy them separately, they are $129.99 each or $390 list price.

The gold farewell to Penny, the Cariboo Gold Rush, the Bluenose.

http://colonialacres.com/products.p...37109&ref=48

Edited by Lostwords
11/10/2012 8:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shopaholic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This sale began last month, part of their last month's "blowout sales". I took advantage of it.
Price is good, but as usual Colonial Acres used newspapers to wrap around Mint's original packaging..
Normally that would be okay since the outside sleeves were (usually) black, but this time the "Farewell to Penny" gold coin has a white box.. so the newspapers ink + white box = a mess... it took me a while to clean up. So you may want to watch out for that, or you could ask them to give your order a VIP packaging.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1218 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hm.. this is my first time buying from them. Thanks for the head up on that. you figured if they use newspaper, they would use the glossy type and not the black and white newspaper? I should give them a call tomorrow or Monday.
Valued Member
Canada
450 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also find their packaging to be horrible. I bought an old 50 cent piece and a bullion item from them once. The 50 cent piece was in a stapled 2x2 and the staples scratched the bullion item. I know they like to be cheap on packaging, but it would be nice if they took some more care about how they package their items.
Valued Member
Canada
450 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  9:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lithanial to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to admit that I have been eyeing up this deal for a while as well. Usually you don't see coins as discounted so soon after a release. Especially from a popular series.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1218 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the penny and the bluenose. I don't care much for the Cariboo because you can't really make out what it is until you see the picture. $20 off each coin was the deciding factor for me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1189 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2012  9:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BiBo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shop with them once.
They did wrap package in newspaper. my coin has tiny milk spot on it.
The case seems not the original one, as the coin is not hold tight in the case.
Lucky to sold that coin for $30 profit.

Agree sometimes they offer great deals, but the quality of the blowout special coins are so so.
Valued Member
Canada
147 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2012  3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thehulk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've ordered from Colonial probably 5 times now, I've never had any problems with product or packaging. Prices are competitive considering you can use a credit card to buy bullion.
Valued Member
Canada
385 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2012  4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bmxboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial is a really good place for coins and bills, Yes the package in news paper, but their boxes are taped solid so no movement , I order from them atleast once a month and no problems since, Also a great benefit is same shipping cost for any item and over 100 dollars is 6 dollars
Pillar of the Community
1007 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2012  5:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rockdaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I shop there all the time, it's great. 😎
Canada
38 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2012  5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonial has always sent me high quality items in a timely manner. I shop there happily.

Another unsolicited "plug" for them is their UNIQUE DEALS on the 4th friday of the month.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2558 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2012  5:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had one issue with C/A 8 years ago. I ordered 2 of an RCM item and before they shipped, the coins sold out at the Mint and the price skyrocketed. Suddenly, and with no explanation or apology, they were only able to ship 1 to me. Essentially, I lost $150 in value.

They have live inventory on their website now, so I assume that can't happen anymore.

I did stay away for many years because of the sour taste but have recently been ordering regularly. I have had no issue with their packaging but they are very slow to ship IMO. CC charges are routinely processed 4-5 days before they ship.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1218 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2012  7:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian Coin and Currency have this deal:

Quote:
Get the $20 Fine Silver Magical Reindeer
for only $10! When you spend $100 or more at http://www.cdncoin.com,
use promo code REINDEER2012 to get one $20 Magical Reindeer for only $10!

Not a bad deal if you already plan on ordering from them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1054 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2012  03:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The fact that dealers like Colonial Coins are selling recent coin releases below list price show how weak the NCLT market is. For every Dino Glow-In-The-Coin coin, Lady Bug/Bumblebee coins, 5 coin penny set, there are 10 duds. Given the huge amount of coins released by the Mint, how many are are that successful in the secondary market? Most coins, making $5 to $20 after eBay fees is peanuts.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1218 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Lostwords to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to those that make suggestion for me to call Colonial Acres. I managed to call them before they shipped it out and they put bubble wrapped the farewell to penny 1/25th coin.
Pillar of the Community
1007 Posts
 Posted 11/14/2012  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rockdaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Newspaper is a great packing material. I think so, anyway. 👽
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05