Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

thoughts on silver state set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  10:09 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mystic2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Im starting a silver state quarter set soonand
I really want the pcgs flag holders so should I buy a completed one
Or coin by coin.
Also later I plan on getting the cheaper pr70 examples for those should I go NGC or pcgs

Pillar of the Community
United States
525 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  10:24 am  Show Profile Check BamaBlue's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had looked into this myself, but ended my quest when the reality of the cost hit me. The flagged coins are EXPENSIVE! You can pay as much as $600 for a single PR70 (cameo) coin. I saw some complete flagged sets of PR69 that were going for about $850 on the low end. I've attached a web site that show prices... I have zero affiliation (never bought anything) with the site and only found it during my search.

LINK: http://quarterproof.info/pcgsflag/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3556 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  11:58 am  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot see the expense in slabbed, let alone the ultimate "70" slabbed coins in a specific holder. The proof silver quarters are great, highly collectable, usually of high quality and reasonably priced in the government yearly holders.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8998 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only year that will be an issue is the 1999 ones for the slabed flag 70s. If youre patient you can get all of the others for under 100 each and many of the later ones for under or around 50.

Definitely buy it coin by coin. Sometimes on eBay you can get a good deal with an entire year being auctioned at the same time.

The NGC ones are more affordable, but the PCGS ones have some more rarities. If you wanted to do an all 70 set you could always do PCGS for the rest or them and then NGC for 1999. I like PCGS better myself though
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  4:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mystic2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not getting all 70 going all 69 dcam flag itll cost bout 750 and some of the NGC 70s are only like 30$ so any under 50 id get but definitely the 69 flag set
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  6:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sgtbigred to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I completed a set of all 50 State and Territory coins in both clad and silver for a fair price. It did take some time but now I just need 2 of the rare ones (2005-S Kansas Silver Lg Die Dent Rev. FS-901 and the 2005-S Minnesota Silver DDR-010 to complete my PCGS registry set.
I purchased all of the coins on e-bay from some major dealers and at a fair price (total spent a little over $1000 and set now worth according to PCGS $2,389.
Of course this set does not include any 2011 and up state park coins. Seems like when I completed the set, bang, along comes another batch of coins to add to the collection.
It never ends.
Only problem is the silver ones will cost you more but if you keep hunting, they turn up since so many more dealers are submitting batches of coins at a time for slabbing. (it is cheaper for them).
Happy hunting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8998 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2013  7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mystic you should be able to get a few 70s around 50 especially if youre patient. eBay is a real good place to look for them its just inconsistent. Sometimes itll be flooded with a certain one other times itll only have the high priced ones. However you do it its a great looking set and I love the flag labels as well
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05