Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 D white mountain error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  11:50 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bdmf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi there,

Has anybody seen anything like this for this year? Is it rare? Any estimate on value?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11098 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  12:24 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You need to be more specific regarding what you are asking about, I just see three blurry pictures of a quarter with environmental damage
ANA R-3151318
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bdmf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another pic.....

Pillar of the Community
United States
4745 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  12:32 pm  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No you need to tell us what it is you see that you think is odd.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  1:06 pm  Show Profile Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No clue what I am looking for....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hazarding a guess at what he wants us to notice: Do the feet of the E and L look a bit fat?
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bdmf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes,
The E PLUR have fat bottoms on the reverse and the front has what I believe to be a clad error. There is also a tiny die clash on the obverse, but I don't think it is visible with the limited technology that I currently have.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bdmf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as scratches and general condition, the reverse is almost perfect and the obverse, aside from that die clash and a few bag marks, looks untouched. The reeding is almost flawless, save for one portion of about 10 or so.
Pillar of the Community
United States
611 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is meant by the term "white mountain"?
Learn More...
United States
21249 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The quarter is a New Hampshire - White Mountain National Forest ATB quarter.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1754 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2013  7:15 pm  Show Profile Check DrDon's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add DrDon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The E and L look interesting but I can't tell from the pics why they are thick along the bottom. The 3 in the last pics suggests machine doubling as opposed to a doubled die.
BEWARE THE FEVER
Cat Stevens: R&R HOF:Finally
Stand up for Phil http://www.faithdrivenconsumer.com/...er_id=259282
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05