Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Numismatic Calendar | Coin Shows, Release Dates, Etc.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

New Hampshire coin expo

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
JeyRey2000
Valued Member
Canada
389 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2013  8:57 pm Show Profile Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello all, I have given thought about going to the New Hampshire coin expo. Has anyone ever been and is there a decent amount of Canadian coins?

Thanks

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2013  4:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jey,
I have been three times to the NH Show as a representative of my Barber Group.
It is a decent sized show, certainly worth giving serious consideration to.
Canadian Coins? Honestly I did not pay attention.
But I enjoy taking a little vacation - teaching and ... wheeling and dealing!
I am a 3 1/2 hour car ride away. How far would it be for you?

I just wanted to get something written so that you have my name. You may contact me by PM.
I stay at the hotel and would be available for an after show dinner and a chat.

If the moderators would care to respond, I would be happy to spread the word about the CCF.
Especially on Kids Day. Last September, I put a bunch of Barber Nickels into a bag and had the kids stop by at our table to pick out one. An announcement was made at the kids show to stop by with their parents.
The kids had fun and the parents were happy that an adult talked to a kids about coins.

Any help that I can give you further, just ask.
Matthew
I have never met a Barber Coin which I didn't like. Visit us at the Barber Coin Collectors' Society
http://www.barbercoins.org/
Edited by matthewvincent
05/24/2013 4:57 pm
Forum Dad
United States
6222 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Matt, I could stuff a few flat rates boxes with our little CCF care packages and send them to you. Six or eight coins in 2x2s and a card in each.

Shoot me your address and I'll get them out this week.
Valued Member
Canada
389 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  6:47 pm  Show Profile Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am coming from Montreal so about 4 hours drive! Just want to try something new and I have had tremendous luck with us dealers and their Canadian coins! Often very fairly priced and nice people!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1240 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  8:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be going as well, and also almost a 3 hour drive for me as well from western mass.

I'm planing on staying in the hotel, but not 100% sure on that yet.. I'll be bringing my soon to be wife and year and a half old daughter. It should be really fun! I'm looking forward to a few of the sceminars, including the grading one...

I'd like to bring my daughter to the kids one but as she's still young I'm not sure how people would feel about that.. She'd like to dig through coins though, lol, even though she doesn't really know what they are so due to her age I'm not sure how much she'll learn but there shiny, and I'm sure shed like playing with them! Lol. She already has her own collection.. Even though she doesn't know what they are just yet...

Matt, if its ok with you I wouldn't mind meeting up with a fellow CCF'er for dinner and a chat.. Or even just a chat if your busy. It's still a ways away so if its ok with you maybe I'll contact you a bit closer to the event when I know my exact plans better?
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
Canada
3448 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  8:20 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When is the show? Can you post details?
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Valued Member
Canada
389 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  8:49 pm  Show Profile Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.nhcoinexpo.com/
Here is the link! Would be a first time to the show for me and might go with my friend! Always nice to try something new.
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
13661 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  8:59 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have fun! I'd go but California is just a little drive :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  9:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll be there again this year, with my 11 year old collecting partner (son). An hour drive for me.
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people ....."

Wanted List: Graded Libertads, MS66+, Putting together a registry set
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1240 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I have a question I forgot to post...

ANACS will be there taking submitions... Do they grade on site and give them back or do you have to have the coins mailed back to you? Jut trying to save on shipping charges if possible... Lol. I have a bunch of Morgan's and other coins I'd like graded and attributed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1623 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2013  10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add denco7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last year I believe, they gave you an (expert)opinion and helped you fill out the submission form. And took your coins and the form to grade and send back. I didn't submit any coins but this is what I saw going on.
"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people ....."

Wanted List: Graded Libertads, MS66+, Putting together a registry set
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  10:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jey,
The link shows the correct dates but the agenda has not been updated. The joint LSCC and BCCS club meeting
is held on Friday. The kids show on Saturday.

NathanASE,
How old is your daughter? The Saturday Kid's program
has in the past had pizza afterwards and informal continuation of the instruction. As long as she is as polite as all of the other kids are then there should be no problem.
And you can trade stories with the other parents!
We can chat later as plans shape up.

To all:
No sense in re-inventing the wheel.

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=140397

The Radisson Hotel has given discounts in the past to those attending the Expo. I think that it was $109 last time. Per night. This will appear in the link that Jey provided
as time goes on.

If you decide to stay at the hotel, ask for a room overlooking the park. View from the top floor.

Sept. and Feb. Shows -- shorts vs. coats!

I have never met a Barber Coin which I didn't like. Visit us at the Barber Coin Collectors' Society
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1240 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Matthewvincent- lol, my daughters a bit young still to really understand whats going on... But she does like pizza and playing with coins (if there in 2x2's, slabs or such in case she wants to "taste" them for metal content.. Don't want her going home with any she wasn't supposed to be... AKA swallowing any). She'll be a bit over a year and a half at the time of the show... So again, she really won't get it from a technical part but will love being around everyone. And she absolutely loves coins, other people and especially other kids.. And pizza... Lol.

Denco7- thanks for the info regarding ANACS... I actually have one coin in-particular that I would like slabbed and attributed... IF it would come back details free.. So I'd definitely like to ask there opinion on that before sending it in. Actually I have a bunch but that one is at he top of the list! I could deal with having them mail them back.. At least it will take lass time and less shipping charges..

But yes, I'll definitely be in touch with you Matthew, closer to the show... And anyone else who is going as well if you'd like to meet up... We should all meet up and have a CCF lunch/dinner or something...
Valued Member
Canada
389 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  2:23 pm  Show Profile Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Turns out this could be a fun show! Cool that Anacs will be there, maybe get some opinions in couple coins I have and spice lily if we can leave coins with them and save on shipping!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2013  11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add matthewvincent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jey,

With your approval, I think that your topic should be moved to upcoming coin shows to reach a larger number of members.
We could then use it to talk up a regional presence of the CCF.

The set-up at this show is conducive to an informal get-together. There are tables for having a cup of coffee or lunch.
I could speak to the organizer of the kid's program to allow us five minutes to explain our online mission to teach and to learn. bobby (dad) has offer packages to hand out.

"Could be fun?" It will be a lot more fun if the CCF showed up and spread the word of our wonderful family!

In July of 2011 my two clubs began a joint, regional outreach program. Manchester was the first time and it was very successful. Since then, other regional shows have hosted us. As I explained to bobby:
"We can do the same for the CCF. It is time to bring our outreach to a greater number of people."

Of course, this requires a few members to volunteer to "work the show." My primary commitment is to the Barber
table. Secondarily to the Seated Liberty table. But I can stretch myself a bit more.

And, if we are successful we might encourage other members to do the same in other parts of the country.

It will not hurt to try.

Matthew
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1240 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2013  01:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Matthew, if something like that were to happen I could most definitely be one of the volunteer's to "work the show"... Some of it at least, I do want to do some "shopping" but it's the least I could do to give back for all the knowledge I've learned here, seriously without this site my collection wouldn't be close to what it is now, and I still learn new things everyday. So I'd be more than happy to help out. Granted its still a ways away so I'm not 100% sure on my exact plans yet but I'm definitely planning on being there both days as of now...

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05