Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Superman coins

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 99
Pillar of the Community
Canada
735 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NuMoosematist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...Being in Ottawa, I get lots of invitations mostly because they are trying to get a crowd together for the media.

Just like the Tories, Grits and Dippers do... CC
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2393 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly the same, except they never pay the expense reports that I submit.
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add justsilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RCM's Superman coins are allowed to sell in both Canada & USA now.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
554 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shopaholic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
RCM's Superman coins are allowed to sell in both Canada & USA now.

Now that's an interesting development...

EDITED: Need to elaborate. I was hoping to wait for the coins to be available to the general public before I place my order, because there doesn't seem to be a market big enough in Canada to consume all these coins quickly, but if they are available to US as well, then there is a much bigger chance for these coins (at least those 1oz) to be sold out... And I hate buying stuff at higher than retail price.
Edited by shopaholic
09/06/2013 2:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2413 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  3:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like special marketing trick.

On the pre-sale (which has been done for MC - people who spend more, buying directly from RCM), to mention that the coins for Canada market only, triggering by this re-salers to buy more (since the US people restricted to buy Superman coins from RCM directly, re-sarles could hope for potential nice profits), and then, right before the coins reveal, to change the rules and sell them to USA also.
Valued Member
Canada
461 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chubbycheeks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going by the buy now return later policy. Mostly because I'm worried a certain coin might be bought up and I hate paying over issue as well.
I don't think there is going to be much of a delay for these coins. The RCM did a pre authorize on my CC today. Which is to say they checked to see if the funds were there. ( not to be confused with charged ) But it also could mean nothing.
Valued Member
Canada
329 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  3:21 pm  Show Profile Check Cowboy905's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Cowboy905 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ meanwhile my August coins haven't shipped yet. lol
Pillar of the Community
Canada
735 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  3:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NuMoosematist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think there is going to be much of a delay for these coins. The RCM did a pre authorize on my CC today. Which is to say they checked to see if the funds were there. ( not to be confused with charged ) But it also could mean nothing.

I hope that you are right chubbycheeks, but from past experience I would not co-relate credit card authorization with imminent shipping.

You last sentence says it all.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinhooked to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was quite surprised to see these coins now available to Canada & US now. I started to worry of sellout & went ahead & ordered 2 each of the hologram & vintage coins. The vintage may not be a quick sellout but I am into retro. I wonder how big of quantity will be made available to US dealers?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
735 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NuMoosematist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was quite surprised to see these coins now available to Canada & US now.

coinhooked, I'm also surprised.

I doubt very much that opening up pre-ordering to our friends south of the border was actually in the mint's plans. Most likely, Canadian sales have fallen flat from the MC Canucks and the desperate executives in marketing decided to give American MC members a shot at pre-ordering the ?Question Mark? coins.

By the way, to show everyone what a hypocrite I am, I pre-ordered one each of the achromatic hologram and shield coins. I figured I can cancel if I don't like the look of them when the curtain comes up on the 9th.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinhooked to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NuMoosematist, my thoughts exactly about cancelling. I think the shield could be nice also but I thought I would wait to view and decide.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2413 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  6:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
NuMoosematist, my thoughts exactly about cancelling. I think the shield could be nice also but I thought I would wait to view and decide.

Will wait till 9-th.
Will try to be at the event, and probably will order the Shield only.
In case, if for some reason will be sold-out, will not chase after it.
Valued Member
Canada
240 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cookiecutter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may be in the minority here, but I actually don't like the hologram one. Superman looks too much like the Silver Surfer (sans board) in the coin. And the background of the city isn't as vibrant as I thought it would be. Of course, in hand the coin may be fantastic looking.
Valued Member
Canada
241 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2013  9:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mlalonde1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking for those coins and I see 1/4 oz for 44.75$. Very expensive compare to a 1 oz...

4 * 44.75 = 179$ per once... Are you willing to pay this price? It like 5 oz coins, when you look at "America the beautiful" in the US with a 154.95$ US comparing a 5 oz latest release from the RCM at 500$... The price for some coins are ridiculous...
Valued Member
Canada
259 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2013  12:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SoulBrotherNo3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not surprised at all this opened up to US customers and I don't think it's some conspiracy theory.
I posted earlier in the week that my rep told me it would be open to US customers as well and it did. It was in the plans the whole time I would bet.

Someone pointed out that it was Canada only and at the time it was listed as such. My rep did tell me specifically that there were ALOT of people in the US wanting to order the coins and he expected a quick sell out when it opened to the general public.
Page: of 99 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.02 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05