Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do New eBay Shipping Policy Listings Look - Overseas

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  07:59 am Show Profile Check BillSnyder's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi -

I am trying out eBay's new shipping policy in which US residents send coins purchased overseas to a common point in Kentucky.

These listings are my first use of eBay's new Global Shipping Program, which is said to make shipping to points outside the United States easier and more reliable.

eBay says "The Global Shipping Program simplifies selling US items to international buyers. Simply ship items to a US shipping center. They'll manage the shipping and customs process and send the item to the international buyer.

If you're creating a listing for inclusion in the Global Shipping Program, you only need to specify the cost of shipping to the shipping center in Kentucky. The shipping center will estimate the cost from the center to the buyer--including import charges. The combined shipping cost (domestic + international) is what will be displayed to the buyer".

One of my listings is at http://www.ebay.com/itm/33104292675....m1555.l2649

How does it look to readers in Spain, Canada, or ?

What does it say regarding shipping cost to your country?

Many thanks,
Bill

We, who are as good as you, swear to you who are no better than we, to accept you as our king and sovereign lord, providing you observe all our liberties and laws; but, if not, not.

http://www.spain-barcelona.com/barc.../history.htm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2148 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  08:56 am  Show Profile Check chequer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me, in Canada, it says "may not ship to Canada." I see these often and bypass these auctions unless it's something I really want, then I'd send a note to the seller asking how much shipping would be, if they will ship to Canada.
Pillar of the Community
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  09:05 am  Show Profile Check BillSnyder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

DARN!

It was supposed to say that I ship to Canada AND EVERYWHERE!

Guess I missed some instruction.

Thanks,
Bill
Learn More...
United States
17310 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  09:50 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Um, you *do* know that coins aren't eligible for the Global Shipping Program, right?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shi...#eligibility

Note the "Restricted Categories."
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, coinguybrian, numismo, Johnny54321 - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Pillar of the Community
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  09:54 am  Show Profile Check BillSnyder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

DUH!

Thanks Dave! That's my problem all righty.

BillDUH-Bill
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2250 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  10:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got hit by that program once and wow. Shipping price was just outrageous. It could have been about 15 dollars to Australia by registered mail but no, I got hit 25 dollars plus. I understand that everyone wants a piece of mind but not when the coins I bought were only 25 dollars.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Learn More...
United States
17310 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  11:48 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've got hit by that program once and wow. Shipping price was just outrageous.

That was my impression, as well. Even for eligible stuff, if I were selling using the program, I'd write a strong disclaimer into the auction description about my reluctance to subject a buyer to the ridiculous cost.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, coinguybrian, numismo, Johnny54321 - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2250 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ssuperdave, I have no problem accepting this program if the total turns out to be more than let's say 200 dollars. But not under 100 dollars as this would mean the shipping cost would more than 25% of what it's worth. That said, I have been buying coins from places that will not ship overseas and have paid a lot in commission.

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  1:43 pm  Show Profile Check BillSnyder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I am sorry to find that eBay's "Global Shipping Program" isn't for coins, (and that it is too expensive for the folks overseas also).
I've been hearing about the unreliability of the postal service in getting mail overseas. For example, I've heard that even Registered mail cannot be traced once it leaves this country. Also, there was a rumor that items mysterious disappear at some big New York overseas mailing distribution center.
A few months ago, I sold a Russian brockage to a man in Moscow. He said that he was doubtful that the coin would ever reach him, but he was willing to take a chance. (He did, in fact, receive it).

So, now I'm back to selling only to US bidders. DARN!

Bill
Learn More...
United States
17310 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  1:52 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I quit openly advertising International sales a few years ago. If asked via Message, I'll evaluate a potential bidder and grant permission to bid, but that's it.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2250 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed with Dave. I think it comes down to trust as well as the country that you are going to send to. I've had my headache shares sending to Russia and China but lately US seems to be a problem as well. Maybe it could be a massive slow down due to cutbacks in the US post office - I don't know. I would be a happy buyer from you Bill as I know your Russian coin collection is simply spectacular except my funds probably would not match your collection! Thankfully all except for one mail from the US have arrived at my place. All registered mail have arrived here. There was one mail from the US that took more than three months for some reason. It's not like it was mailed from Alaska or Hawaii...

Pillar of the Community
Canada
866 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  4:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pocket change 50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've bought over 300 US coins shipped to Canada by first class international mail. All have arrived in under 18 days with no damage. I've sold to the US as well using letter mail, and no problems so far. I feel it's safe to include Canada in your listings, it would give you 10% more bidders as we are only 33 million people.
We can learn from others mistakes, if only we choose to.

Checkout Coins For Sale on: Webstore.com STORE: Cointastic_coins
Offers Welcome Free Ship Can/USA
Pillar of the Community
United States
538 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  5:45 pm  Show Profile Check BillSnyder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BillSnyder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,

"If asked via Message, I'll evaluate a potential bidder and grant permission to bid, but that's it."

How do you allow that particular bidder in another country to bid in a particular auction? (Cannot see how to modify the listing).

Thanks again,
Bill
Learn More...
United States
17310 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  5:56 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing is stopping any bidder, anywhere, from bidding on an auction. Your posted shipping restrictions don't automatically stop bidding from restricted countries; they just give you an out to refuse to ship to the winner if from one of those countries.

Learn More...
United States
14429 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  6:38 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went strictly US a couple years ago. Too many chances, unknowns, and uncertainties.
I once mailed an ecrater order to Chile.
Took over a month to get to him. He almost demanded a refund until the next day, bam, it showed up.
Not dealing with that any more.
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396 - Early big copper enthusiast.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1310 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2013  9:42 pm  Show Profile Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing is stopping any bidder, anywhere, from bidding on an auction.

yes you can, 2nd line of "buyer requirements" when creating your listing:

Block buyers who:

Have received 2 unpaid item strike(s) within 1 month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in countries that I don't ship to
Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
Have bid on or bought my items in the last 10 days and have met my limit of 10 and who have a feedback score of 5 or lower.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 4.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05