Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Russian Rubles: 100 And 500 Ruble Banknotes: Dated 1910-1912

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  12:41 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hey Everyone,

I Recently Cleaned My Basement Out To Look For Anything Interesting, And While I Was There I Happened To Stumble Across Two Black Metal Boxes.

When Brought Upstairs I Opened Them, And Discovered An Undisclosed Amount Of Pre-Soviet Russian Rubles. [ Imperial ]

The Banknotes Are In The Increments Of 100 And 500 Rubles Apiece.

The Dates On The 100 Ruble Banknotes Are Listed As 1910 While The Dates On The 500 Ruble Banknotes Are Listed As 1912.

Signatures On The 100 Banknotes Vary, While The 500 Banknotes Contain Signatures Mostly Consisting Of Shipov With Some Being Konshin.

Any Help Determining The Value And Rarity Of These Notes Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

- Dave

NOTE: If Needed, Pictures Can Be Supplied And Posted.

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  1:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Decided To Supply Pictures Of The Banknotes:

Thanks,

- Dave
Valued Member
Canada
366 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  5:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aiglet7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF! The notes which you attach appear to be in very good condition. This link will give you approx. values:- http://www.atsnotes.com/banknotes/russia.html and this one will help identify the signatures of the Bank President and the Cashier. In the case of the 100 ruble they are Shipov and Gavrilov and on the 500 ruble they are Shipov and Metc. All notes bearing the signature of Shipov would have been issued between 1914 and 1917 even though the years on the notes show 1910 and 1912. http://banknotyrosji.republika.pl/eng/podpis.html
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  5:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

Thanks You So much For Replying To My Topic.

No One Else Took The Time To Stop And Help Me Out But You Did.

However I Have Some Questions That I Would Like To Ask You, If It Didn't Bother You Too Greatly To Respond.

For The Banknotes, What Grading System Is There To Determine The Quality Of The Notes?

For The 100 Banknotes What Does It Mean By Different Signatures/Signature Combinations? [ Do They All Have To Be On The Same Banknote? ]

Do The Bills Look Like They Have Been Circulated Or Not?

And Last Question Is, In Your Own Personal Opinion What Do You Think The Condition Of These Notes Are, Along With Their Worth?

Thanks Again,

- Dave
Pillar of the Community
United States
2676 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pricelists can be highly undependable. See eBay completed auctions, for what people are actually paying for these.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Fioti,

Thank You For The Friendly Advice. However I First Need To Know If These Banknotes Have Been Circulated Or Not.

I Did Indeed Check E-Bay To See What People Would Be Selling These For, But Little Information Was Supplied In Both Live Auctions And Completed/Sold Listings.

I Would Be More Interested In Obtaining More Information On These Banknotes Rather Then Diving Into Selling Them Right Off The Bat.

What Is The Best Way Of Finding Out If These Notes Have Been Circulated Or Not?

Cheers,

- Dave
Valued Member
Canada
366 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  6:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add aiglet7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave - grading banknotes (or coins for that matter) is very subjective. One collector's opinion might differ greatly from another and without the banknotes in-hand it is not even fair to suggest a grade. See this link:-
http://www.coins-and-banknotes.com/...v-sedler.php

The signature combinations to which you are referring means that if you have a set of 100 ruble notes with the Bank President Shipov and a minimum of 12 of the 13 cashier signatures your collection becomes more valuable. You already have two - so only 10 more to go!!

The notes that you attached to your post do not appear to have any creases, stains or wearing (cuts, crumpled edges etc) so they may not have been circulated but without actually seeing them in-hand it is hard to say.

Price lists as on the ATS website will give you an idea of the value but, as Fioti says, checkout the eBay completed auctions to see the price and condition of final sales. Hope this helps!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Staff Edit: We are here to share.
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2013  6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Question: How Many Banknotes Is Too Much To Have? [ Russian Rubles ]

Only Asking, Because I Have A Fair Quantity Of Such Banknotes And I Do Not Want To Decrease The Value.

- Dave
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Everyone,

Dave Here Chiming In On The Staff Edit.

Sorry I Didn't Think That Many People Were Interested In Old Russian Rubles.

If You Guys Wanted To Know What I Was Going To Say To Him It Was That I Have A Rather Large Quantity Of These Banknotes.

If Anyone Wants To Know The Exact Number, Feel Free To Post On This Topic.

Thanks,

- Dave
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  10:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dave Master to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much do you think 10 of these will go for?

They are all sequential and in great condition.

Thanks,

- Dave
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05