Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2014 1.5oz Canadian Silver Arctic Fox

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1200 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  10:37 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Fat Freddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

RCM's new 1.5oz bullion issue is starting out expensive, just like the 1.5oz Polar Bear did a year ago. I hope this one won't be characterized by the milk spots, surface gouges and rim dings that made the Polar Bear famous.

The Lear Capital website shows pix of this one labelled as 1.5oz, with an $8 FV. Provident seems to have goofed up their image and they show it as 1oz with a $5 FV, although their write-up says it's 1.5oz.

http://www.providentmetals.com/2014...an-mint.html

Edited by Fat Freddy
12/15/2013 10:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1169 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  10:56 am  Show Profile Check yingyang's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yingyang to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they used a sml picture.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
696 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add allspice to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, the stock photo doesn't do this coin justice. This is a beauty and with silver at a good price, this is a nice coin with potential to build a 1 1/2 ounce collection! Love this silver fox!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-CANADA..._1183wt_1007

As far as price goes, this coin is still a whole lot cheaper than a one ounce mint coin, although only BU not proof.
Edited by allspice
12/15/2013 6:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1200 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  8:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fat Freddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When the Polar Bear was issued around a year ago, I ordered a tube of them. They came to me so badly damaged with rim dings and surface scratches, mars
and gouges that I returned them. That was the first, last and only time I ever returned any bullion product.

I think the Polar Bear and the Silver Arctic Fox are both well designed, good looking coins. RCM broke my heart with their lack of quality control of the Polar
Bear issue and I don't trust them enough to give the fox a try. When I pay a >$10 per oz premium for bullion silver coins, I have expectations (like the coins
being undamaged) that I know the RCM won't satisfy.

I find it sad, too. The Maple was the first silver bullion coin that I started my stack with, but the RCM drove me away with their milk spots and damaged coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
696 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  8:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add allspice to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it's the luck of the draw to some degree. I bought a tube of polar bears last year and only one had a small scratch and one had a couple of spots. Not bad for bullion. On the other hand, I had to return a 5-coin penny set due to a cracked case and scratches on the coins, and two $100 bison coins with unslightly marks.

I guess the mint is cranking out too many coins/issues and focusing on quantity rather than quality lately... ?!? Cherry picking is getting tougher...

But I still am interested in a tube of these silver foxes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the 1.5 oz Canadian ML's.
My Oldest Coins: Cent - 1883 IHC; Nickel - 1938D Buffalo MS66; Dime - 1917 Mercury; Quarter - 1945; Half $ - 1909O Barber; Dollar - 1879 Morgan

Favorites from my collection: 1921 Peace$; 1964 Kennedy Roll (with Federal Reserve Bank wrapper); 2013W RP Buffalo
Pillar of the Community
United States
2665 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2013  11:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks cool, may have to pick some up when the price goes down a bit
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2634 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2013  3:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great!

The Polar Bear seemed to me lacking details and I just kept it as "One and only RCM 1.5oz coin".

But this one made well. Design - IMO even better than 100for100 series.

Well, decided to continue the series (of 1.5 oz) and ordered a few. As people said previously - the price isn't high at all.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2013  7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Doug58s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry - don't see nearly $70 for 1.5 ounces of bullion grade silver as being reasonable. @ $20 an ounce that is over a 50% premium that doesn't get my play.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05