Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 ATB Quarter Designs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2014  6:15 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add welder to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Here's an interesting read on next years quarters. http://www.silvercoinstoday.com/pro...oins/109777/

My Oldest Coins: Cent - 1883 IHC; Nickel - 1938D Buffalo MS66; Dime - 1917 Mercury; Quarter - 1945; Half $ - 1909O Barber; Dollar - 1879 Morgan

Favorites from my collection: 1921 Peace$; 1964 Kennedy Roll (with Federal Reserve Bank wrapper); 2013W RP Buffalo
Pillar of the Community
United States
2529 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2014  6:58 pm  Show Profile Check CoinCollector2012's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like these! I wonder which ones they will pick...

and the waiting begins...
current sets
mercury dimes(38/72)
7070 type set (45-66)
park quarters caught up!
Washington quarters with proofs (111-178)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8998 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2014  7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Homestead 8 is my favorite, about half of them do a really job job of representing it though and would be happy with several of them.

6 is my favorite for the LA one, most of those fall short imo though 8 would be a cool design anyway.

Blueridge I like 2 the best. 6 and 7 would be better without the bird but theyre going to pick 5 I bet since its the easiest.

Bombay Hook 2 is pretty but a lot like the everglades one.

Saratoga I will buy everything possible if they pick 10. Anything with a cannon yes please, throw in an American flag at the time youve got me hook like and sinker. Ill be furious is they goon that one picking 3 which means it will be 3.
Valued Member
United States
102 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2014  7:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Okie1987 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like these a lot. When do they usually announce the winners?
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2014  8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rking007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great designs!
- I really like Homestead #2 because it incorporates the corn husks like the Wheat penny did with the wheat stalks.
- For Kisatchie I like #6 because of the motion and the larger background showing the water and trees.
- I think #8 for Blue Ridge but I'm not so keen on any of the really. I saw down below someone suggested putting a car on one of them and I agree. An older type from the 40s or 50s
- I love #3 for Bombay Hook, such a great use of the space with motion and the two different birds.
- #8 for Saratoga. I just like the way Burgoyne is humbly submitting his sword.
The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater. - J.R.R. Tolkien
Valued Member
United States
271 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Avshater22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are a few of each I wouldn't mind seeing. Just started collecting ATB I find in change. Only 3 so far currently.
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  06:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Doug58s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also like Homestead #8 altho a couple of others are close - I like the buildings etc in the image (which means they'll remove them).

Kisatchie #1 - but I really am not thrilled about any of them.

BRP #6 for me as well - but I have to think they can do something other than what has been presented. That said a classic roadway over a modern highway anytime.

Bombay Hook...all look like they are retreads... of other releases.

Saratoga #8 works for me... I question the validity of the flag and cannon arrangement. I think this one also needs revisited - because some of the designs are just bad.
Valued Member
United States
69 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  07:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add melodyandzoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really looking forward to which design will be released. Hoping Saratoga is one !!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1045 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HONDO to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with basebal21... Saratoga 10 please!
I also like Bombay Hook 5, blue ridge parkway 8, kisatchie 3 or 5 and homestead 8.

Those are my picks and I'm sticking to it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4979 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  12:29 pm  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Homestead - 8 but could live with 2
Kisatchie - 5
Blue Ridge - 6
Bombay - 4
Saratoga - 10 but 1 is pretty nice too.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  1:27 pm  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Homestead- #7
Kisatchi- #5 (Several good ones to me)
Blue Ridge- #7 (baseball21 did you just recomend taking a Cardinal off that coin? Fighting words in Eastern Missouri!)
Bombay- #1 (They all resemble Louisiana coins from the past to me)
Saratoga- #9 (not sure if it will translate to a coin though)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8998 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  4:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(baseball21 did you just recomend taking a Cardinal off that coin? Fighting words in Eastern Missouri!)

Lol get rid of Holliday and maybe Id like them more

But really its just to random and takes up way to much of the coin for something thats just supposed to be a complementary item. Reminds me a lot of the people in the sand dunes, its like they were thinking they just have to add something else then made it as awkward as possible. If they shrunk it down and made it more a part of the design as opposed to the focal point I wouldnt have a problem with it
Pillar of the Community
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2014  7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Doug58s to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the best place for the Cardinal would perhaps be on the road... oh wait probably not PC to have roadkill on a coin :)

(ok I am a suffering Cubs fan - I had to say it).

Growing up in the mid-west I had 4 teams to choose from. Cardinals - Cubs - Royals or Twins. I opted for the Twinkies and the Cubs - at least I have celebrated a couple of times. (never considered the White Sox ever).
Learn More...
United States
21729 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2014  10:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
(ok I am a suffering Cubs fan - I had to say it).
I knew I liked you.

Okay, my picks for 2015 (with my flame-proof apparel on)...

Homestead National Monument of America (Nebraska) - 2 or 12.
Kisatchie National Forest (Louisiana) - 5, 6, or 7.
Blue Ridge Parkway (North Carolina) - I like them all, but 7 is the one I like most.
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge (Delaware) - 4, 5, or 8.
Saratoga National Historical Park in (New York) - 1, 9, or 10.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05