Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

NGC makes another mistake

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2007  5:33 pm Show Profile Check roach's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add roach to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The first time I sent coins to NGC they Put an 8TF on a 7TF 1878 Morgan and didnt attribute my other 7/8 TF that I asked to have attributed. This time I sent in Nickels and lo and behold The got one wrong again. This time and 1883 Liberty nickel came back as 1883 Shield nickel MS 62. Has anyone else seen this terrible quality control at NGC ?

Valued Member
United States
387 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2007  7:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tnwalker10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If TPG's can't Id the correct coin, how can they be trusted to grade a coin accurately?
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2007  1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JerseyZuh to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you contact them and let them know and will they correct the problem?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1984 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2007  2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add halfabustisbetter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should try to sell the mistakes on eBay first as a Buy It Now for at least twice the book value and see what happens. Or let NGC know you are planning to sell them as NGC errors, because you are fed up with their QC. Maybe you'll at least get a couple of free submissions out of it. Let us know.
Learn More...
United States
17622 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2007  5:48 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Or let NGC know you are planning to sell them as NGC errors, because you are fed up with their QC.

Ooooh. You are cold-blooded. I have to remember that one.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, coinguybrian, numismo, Johnny54321 - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2007  12:03 pm  Show Profile Check roach's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add roach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking about selling it as an NGC error on e-bay, but I may just keep it in my collection (thats the only reason I sent it in was to get it slabbed , all my other MS Liberties are slabbed)I probably wont call NGC , I called on the morgans and they said they would fix it but made no offer of anything else. So I sold the one as an "error" for a decent premium on E-bay and sent the non-attributed one back in with my next order and they made it right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9259 Posts
 Posted 12/18/2007  3:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If TPG's can't ID the correct coin, how can they be trusted to grade a coin accurately?

What should worry people more is if they can't ID the coin, how can they authenticate it? You can always grade a coin. Even a fake coin can has a grade.

But how do you guarantee that something is real if you can't even correctly identify what it is?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Shop at PDS Coins!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05