Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

RUMOR - - ANACS CLOSED TODAY

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
33 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2007  10:02 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Marv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Posts on Collectors Universe forum and e-Bay forum.

Phone lines are apparently off the hook.. only busy signals

***Edited by Forum Dad to move to TPG Forum***

Pillar of the Community
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2007  10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Noooo! I have an ANACS bust half with a small chip in it :(

I wonder if ANACS coins will go up. This news (if true) is HUGE! There hasn't been talk about it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1020 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2007  11:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add docsfishn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Their website is still up and running. It doesn't mention anything.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6747 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2007  11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marv, the rumor is that James Taylor bought them, and closed down the Austin location to move it to Colorado. Not that they closed down all together.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1283 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2007  01:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add USArmyParatrooper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Marv, the rumor is that James Taylor bought them, and closed down the Austin location to move it to Colorado. Not that they closed down all together.

Not anymore! Let's get the new rumor started! J/K
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6747 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2007  1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS was indeed sold to Driving Force, LLC, of Colorado, owned by James. It's official.
Pillar of the Community
United States
738 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2007  1:18 pm  Show Profile Check Jamez's eBay Listings Check Jamez's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jamez to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got this email a little while ago:

ANACS has recently been sold by Anderson Press Incorporated to Driving Force, LLC, of Colorado, owned by James Taylor. The purchase was effective December 21, 2007 and the company is being relocated to suburban Denver, Colorado.

The office is currently closed for the holidays to allow time for the move.

Customers that had submissions at the Austin location please rest assured that they are being handled in the safest and most professional of manners as they are transported by armored service to the new office.

Business will resume and submissions will begin to ship out January 2, 2008. If there are any questions please don't hesitate to contact Mr. Taylor at: James.Taylor@ANACS.com

The new ANACS office will be located at:

6555 S. Kenton St, Suite 303
Englewood, CO 80112
1-800-888-1861
www.ANACS.com
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2007  3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So ... wasn't Mr. Taylor working at ICG? Has he left them? Or does this suggest there may be some kind of merger in the works?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2007  4:17 pm  Show Profile Check Jaobler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard nothing about any merger, but ICG is also located in Englewood, CO. Is that town big enough for two of the top four grading services?!?
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2007  4:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it, you fire me? I will buy your stinking little company and fire all of you
Forum Uncle
Learn More...
United States
2883 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2007  6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It my eyes this can only be good news for the collector. I would love to see a merger of ANACS and ICG.(still a rumor) They would have the majority of grading services by varieties covered and have a great President at the helm. Congratulations James! I greatly anticipate his return as a guest on our forum. Susan and I have remained in touch with him this last year and hope we can get him back with things settle down a bit. Mike
Forum Mom
Learn More...
United States
5795 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2007  10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Susanlynn9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I understand it, James has left ICG and is being followed by many of the employees there to ANACS. I can't tell you all how happy I am to see James behind the wheel of ANACS again. I have never made a secret of the fact that ANACS is my preferred TPG for accurate grading.

Coincidentally, I had left a cell phone message for James wishing him Happy Holidays right before Christmas. At the time, I was not aware of his purchase of ANACS. It is my hope that he will be able to join us early in the New Year to bring us all up to speed on his acquisition and what we can expect with ANACS.

I have already emailed him and asked him to respond at his leisure to set up another visit with us.
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2007  11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amac44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks mom!
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2007  11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, thanks Susanlynn9 for the info. I was really hoping this wasn't about a merger. I've always preferred Anacs, myself, though I've felt it's management had lately been inattentive. I do think there were some good people in Austin, so I hope Mr. Taylor was able to bring some of those along on the move.
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2007  1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know, a merger between ICG and ANACS may turn that company into a #1 grading company. ICG has some of the best counterfeit detectors in the business and ANACS will attribute ALL VAM's not to mention you don't have to be in any club to send coins to them. But if some of the employees at ICG are following James to ANACS then this could still be the same scenario
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2007  2:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping for that 2nd scenario. There are some top graders at ICG; if Mr.Taylor brings some of them along, with his public relations expertise I think Anacs could crack the NGC/PCGS dominance, which is partly just a matter of perceptions anyway. My problems with ICG have to do with their questionable practices in the grading of modern issues for the telemarketers, and their failure to develop an online population report. Anacs already has the population report, and doesn't have the appearance of being beholden to (in bed with?) the telemarketers.

What we really need, of course, is for the ANA to develop standards for the grading services that can be verifiably monitored and regularly (& blindly) audited ... but I suppose that is a subject for another thread.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05