Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Women on Banknotes  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
2617 Posts
 Posted 08/21/2016  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A faux Chinese novelty "note" that nonetheless merits inclusion....

Then there's this Bulgarian 100 Leva note dating back to 1951, the model no less glamourized, albeit in a decidedly different manner.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
08/22/2016 6:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3040 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2016  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Germany, 5 mark 1917:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6875 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to learn to speak German. Let's face it... "fünf" is just fun to say. Not to mention those 20+ character words.

Oh and clearly I need to add some German notes to my collection.

Nice note, DL20K.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1042 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 100 mark note reminded me of this sweet young thing.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2617 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mexico and its various states have over the years issued many notes bearing the likenesses of women. This is one of the more fetching.

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
08/25/2016 10:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2617 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here're two more from Mexico...

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
08/25/2016 10:40 pm
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Check ARcoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ARcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a nice one from China. I have half a bundle of these.

Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 08/25/2016  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Check ARcoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ARcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll include one of the 1980 Chinese 2 Jiao notes with any eBay orders I get from now through midnight Sunday August 28th if anybody wants one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6875 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2016  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent notes!
Valued Member
Slovenia
369 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2016  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dagaz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some more Yugoslavian notes. Sorry for bad quality of the photos ... They were made a long time ago in a hurry.

Pillar of the Community
Poland
3040 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2016  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As for China, there are these too, of course.

Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2016  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Check ARcoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ARcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes ! We need pretty girls on ours !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2617 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2016  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another trio from Mexico....

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
2617 Posts
 Posted 08/26/2016  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's Paraguay's contribution....

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
2617 Posts
 Posted 08/27/2016  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am hoping to write a ebook one day (perhaps when I am retired :) ) on the topic with a small bio/history on each woman.

You might consider getting started right now - it looks as though it could prove to be a very lengthy project!

Also, a mea culpa for my duplicate posting of the Mexican "La Gitana" note. I'll try to be more careful about that.

Now here's an education themed note from France, dating to 1955. As the high 10,000 Franc denomination implies, there were problems with the nation's monetary system at this point. With the advent of the Nouveaux Franc, it took 100 of the old Franc to convert to just one of the new. Thus a new series of banknotes with revised valuations were introduced starting in 1959.

Plus a few from Mali, which constitutes only a sample of all such issued in areas of Africa that were under French administration -

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
08/27/2016 5:52 pm
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05