Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Women on Banknotes  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
2470 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2016  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A rather aesthetically pleasing example of this genre -

Colligo ergo sum
United States
18 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2016  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Net-Steals to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I see no-one posted this(I don't think anyone posted it). No, I don't have it anymore, since I spent it all about 3 years ago on my first trip back to Korea in about 30 years... But here is the pic I found from Google, about the Woman in note, from South Korea.
Edited by Net-Steals
12/28/2016 10:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2470 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2017  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 5,000 Króna note from Iceland.

The woman is Ragnheiður Jónsdóttir, a seamstress famous for her altar cloths.

A short biography can be viewed at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnh...sd%C3%B3ttir

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
2470 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many notes depict Queen Elizabeth II, but this one is a bit atypical for being in profile.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
2470 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2017  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
North Korea 1 Won (Specimen), 115 x 55 mm.

The "flower girl" is opera singer Hong Yonhi.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add albertharris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Laos 1957 100 kip

Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  03:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add albertharris to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1963 Laos

Pillar of the Community
United States
2470 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2017  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yugoslavia 5 Dinar, a smallish note at only 122 x 59 mm.

Colligo ergo sum
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Romania 10 Lei 2005

Obverse: Portrait of Nicolae Grigorescu (1838 - 1907), Romanian painter; Marsh Mallow Hollyhock flower
(Althaea officinalis) and artist's palette and paintbrush; Romanian Coat of Arms.

Reverse: House from Oltenia
region; Nicolae Grigorescu's painting "Rodica", representing a country girl. Watermark: George Enescu; BNR
logo. Signatures: Mugur Constantin Isarescu (Governor); Ionel Nitu (Cashier).

Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05