Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling 67 rolls of unsearched wheat cents  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2017  7:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I have accumulated a whole bunch of wheat cents that I'm now looking to sell. These were all pulled from circulation by me (paper route and such) in the 1970s, 1980s, and maybe a bit into the 1990s. I only pulled out coins that I needed to fill my set of Whitman folders and will guarantee that I have not looked for any errors or varieties. I also have not cherry picked any of the older or better examples. I will also guarantee to you that I have not added any Indian Head cents or Mercury dimes in a lame attempt to put lipstick on a pig. Everything is just as I pulled it from circulation. As a kid, I even wrote "Old" on some of the wrappers rather than "Wheat cents".

I have 67 rolls for sale and am looking to get $4/roll (plus whatever I pay in shipping). I am willing to sell this accumulation in batches, but don't want to break apart individual rolls. I will take payment in the form of a check (will wait for it to clear before I send the coins) or PayPal. I'm willing to ship to the US and Canada, but sorry nowhere else. Please post below and PM me if you are interested.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18362 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2017  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are the date ranges in each roll?
John 1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 4+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2017  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@john, these are all wheat cents (1909 to 1959). They are jumbled together just as I found them. I have not sorted them in any way.

[edit-sorry 1909 to 1958. It has been a while since I thought about date ranges this recent...]
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Edited by Spence
01/08/2017 8:03 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1486 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  12:19 am  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may need to lower your price. I sold many rolls of wheats for $1.50 each.
ANA Member since 12/2015
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
172 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ross Son to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
sorry 1909 to 1958. It has been a while since I thought about date ranges this recent

Technically, you were not wrong.

A 1959-D Wheat was found before but no one knows its authenticity. I would love to find one. I would just keep and not even sell it. At least for a while.

link to the article below
http://www.PCGS.com/news/the-myster...lincoln-cent

Edited by Ross Son
01/10/2017 3:03 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ross Son to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been to 3 coin shops, and 2 of them were selling wheat rolls for $4 a pop and the other for $5. IMO the price is not bad, but I can't trust that it hasn't been searched like they claim.

Unless I am wrong, the amount of high 40's and 50's in these rolls makes me think that it has been searched. Which is disappointing.

Here is an example of a wheat roll that I recent opened.

So I am actually excited to get some wheat rolls from a fellow CCF member.
Edited by Ross Son
01/10/2017 3:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ross son, I got your email and will respond with that medium. I hope that you find some good stuff and post them to this thread.

@coin197, I hear what you are saying, but will hold firm on this price of $4/roll. The cost of me holding them is only the space that they are taking up.

There are still some rolls left if anyone else is interested.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jamiep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jamiep, replied to your email. Thanks for your patience.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12676 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No Lincoln collector selectively picks one candidate for his set and then throws everything back without carefully saving better dates and higher grades. It goes against common sense and every instinct, and so with respect, I just don't believe or trust this offer.
"It's amazing the things people would rather have than money."

Edited by Coinfrog
02/02/2017 6:52 pm
Valued Member
Korea, Republic Of
123 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lembafc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Unsearched"

Do you mean you havent searched for errors and whatnot?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It goes against common sense and every instinct, and so with respect, I just don't believe or trust this offer.

Yes sorry to disappoint you, but it is true. This hasn't been an area of active collecting for me for a very long time. The only coins I took out were to fill my Whitman folder. As I said in my original post, I guarantee that I have not looked for any errors or varieties. Nor have I cherry-picked out any of the older or better examples. I'm sorry that you don't believe or trust this.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12676 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right. I'm sure you appreciate how much your offers mimic typical e-Bay garbage.

So I'll just ask any buyers of these rolls at 8 cents per coin plus shipping to reply to this post and share your finds.

Fair enough?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You betcha
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12676 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2017  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Standing by.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05