Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Decade of Koala Evolution: Australia’s Famous Native Marsupial  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1385 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2017  09:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCF Press to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Perth Mint - The koala is one of Australia’s famous native marsupials – which means its young develop inside the female’s pouch. Often perceived as a cuddly animal and generally sleepy during the daytime, it has an appealing bear-like face and thick grey fur. Spending much its life at the top of eucalyptus trees where it consumes large quantities of leaves, the koala can nevertheless be experienced close-up at sanctuaries and zoos throughout Australia.

In 2007, when preparing a new Australian entrant to the international silver bullion coin market, the koala was an obvious design theme for The Perth Mint to opt for.

A decade later, the Australia Koala Silver Bullion Coin Series is not only a popular option for investors, but also a pleasing collectable that has many followers worldwide.

This timely image gallery shows how Australian Koala silver coins have evolved to become one of our most eagerly anticipated annual coin launches. Depicting the first ten release issued between 2007 and 2016, this delightful line-up has today been joined by a new design for 2017.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
738 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first image of the new releases is a spectacular design
Pillar of the Community
United States
1644 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  08:47 am  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have the 2007 in my world bullion collection and gotta say I like the background makes it a very unique coin for me. I also like it's Koala design better than most of them.
Albums in progress:
- US type set (52/76)
- World Crown set (14/48)
Want List!
http://goccf.com/t/219733#1879676
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5808 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Perth Mint experimented with early Koala coin, and later unified the Koala and Kook coins design.
Btw, no need to forget, that Koala appeared in pre-2011, in several Platinum sets...

My favorites here are 2007 and 2012, although in my Australia trip, the real Koala was like in 2011 coin...

Do not know about current market, but back in 2012, the 2007 and 2008 coins were so hard to get (for reasonable premium).

Doesn't Perth have a plans to issue some Anniversary edition, for example Koala Fractional set?

United States
14 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2017  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add koala2008 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that Perth Mint is going to have a 10 ounce 10th anniversary coin sometime this year. They are also coming out with the 2oz. antique version on Thursday.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05