Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

4 K Computer Monitor  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1173 Posts
 Posted 01/10/2017  10:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i purchased a 4 K monitor. it runs at 120Mega Hertz. I thought every thing was coming up 4 k. but when I attached my sony A7R MII. I was not long finding out that the improvement I was seeing. was only the faster mega hertz. the sony camera show me the pixels. I have a very large video card Geforce. I know now it not big enough. if you are thinking about going 4 K make sure you check your video card. the card I have to buy is going to cost me 400.00 it is the cheapest. the next one up is 900.00 that dont include tax. the 400 dollar card even has to have extra power. to run a double fan setup. to keep the card cool. so I have purchased the new card. 4 k is outstanding
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1367 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  12:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a $400 video card (Nvidia 1070), which has two cooling fans (EVGA ACX), and requires more power than the PCI slot alone can supply, so it needs an extra power cable directly from the power supply. Unfortunately, mine is one of those EVGA cards that catches on fire spontaneously. What I don't have is a 4K monitor (yet). I wonder if the 4K monitor would improve the Canon Live view?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1173 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pepactonius yes the 1070 that is the next level up. to the one I purchased I just got a notice. the one purchased is out of stock. my order has been cancelled. I my try to see if I can find one of these 1070 cards on eBay. pepactonius you would get unbelievable images form that setup. that would take your focusing to another level. but any monitor you buy make sure its 120 mega hertz not 60 mega hertz. they wont tell you the difference. there is a big difference.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
16206 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming 6GB RAM. $250 Supports 4K up to 120Hz. I have this card running 3 27" monitors and it works great.

It does require extra power, the cable was already there for me, just had to plug it in.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1173 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you bobby that was the one I was getting. bobby did you buy the 4 K high end cables. the reason it cost so much more here is the weak dollar. there is one on eBay the same as pepactonius. I am bidding on it so fingers crossed
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
16206 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not running 4K monitors. Just standard HD.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05