Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has anyone ever seen one of these Washington Quarter/Stamp Collections?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
77 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  3:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wildhare to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have not had much luck searching for this item. I found one on eBay, but I would like to know a little history. It was put together by the "Postal Commemorative Society", and it includes 34 silver quarters, (one for each year/page) and associated stamp. I have checked the quarters, and none are extremely rare, although there are several better dates.

Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your local coin shop will probably have PCS products available for far less than you'll find on the bay. There are piles of PCS products on the discount table at my local shop.
Always be yourself... Unless you can be Batman.
Learn More...
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting set. I do not think I have seen that one before. I have seen plenty that focus on the Statehood or ATB series though.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is new to me, too.

I just gave my grandson ~half-dozen PCS-style products, in our case a 'golden' coin inside an envelope bearing a block of 4x 10c stamps with a First Day cancellation.

I explained the racket, the term-of-art for which would be "serial marketing".

Like everything else, you can enjoy it for what it is.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Why collect coins? Memory is the second thing to go. The use of money is the last thing to go.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an Abraham Lincoln one.
ANA Member since 12/2015
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5844 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I've seen similar things but the stamps were reproductions.

It looks like it would be fun to look through -- and great for getting kids interested in collecting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6615 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks like it would be fun to look through -- and great for getting kids interested in collecting.

to CCF Wildhare! I like that set. Are there any facts or historical blurbs on the backs of the cards?

And hey, 34 silver quarters is nothing to sneeze at. That's $100 at today's melt.
Edited by CelticKnot
01/11/2017 7:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wildhare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all. I bought the set from auction (not eBay), and got it for a $28.00 steal. (+$15.00 S&H but I obviously made out) I think everyone was ignoring it because they had never seen it before. "32 silver quarters" piqued my interest immediately, even if each one was a dog. CelticKnot....yes, each page has a historical history usually referring to the anniversary of the year with the coin and stamp....all the way up to the anniversary of his death.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5844 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did very well even with the shipping fees.

I checked on eBay and the two volume set for the state quarters cost more than what you paid -- and none of those quarters are silver!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6615 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, great price and NICE score.

So is it 32 or 34 quarters?
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wildhare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is 32 Quarters.....1932-1964. 1965 was the first year of clad
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
662 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or is it 33. One for each year comprising 1932 to 1964?
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2017  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
32. There were no quarters minted in 1933.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6615 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2017  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. OP said 34 initially, thus my question.

I like the idea of this set in the fact that it offers more than just the coins. It reminds me of the ATB 3-coin sets and the Statehood PNCs. I'll have to keep an eye out for one.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05