Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do you see a 1992d CAM? What a mess!  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
345 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
See pics. Sheesh, what a messed up obverse. Thanks in advance.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
515 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldmike to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it to me, ouch
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CRHer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a CAM to me! How do you take your pictures? They are very good!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
689 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Darn, too bad that coin is so damaged!
I find a duck’s opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread.
Valued Member
United States
345 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It figures....the first CAM I find and it's horrendously damaged. Do any of you think it would be worth sending in to be attributed, or is it too far gone?

CRHer,

For the full obverse/reverse shots, I use a canon t6i with a Canon 100mm macro lens mounted to a modified Bausch & Lomb microscope A-stand.

For the close up shots, I use the canon with a microscope eyepiece adapter that will slide over a 23mm 16x eyepiece that's on an obsolete, but new Bausch/Lomb stereozoom 4 microscope.

The 100mm lens can get in pretty close, but when I crop, it loses alot of clarity. I find using the B&L gives me fairly clearer pics. Then I try to clean up in post using PSPx8 without making things too grainy with focus/noise reduction adjustments.
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CRHer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18079 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a 1993 to me.
John 1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 4+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3411 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too...but it is a CAM
Ohio
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
689 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find a duck’s opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2114 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check CoinCollector2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a 1993. Either way, it wouldn't have been worth much of anything with that obverse. At least, not to me.
Valued Member
United States
345 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a spender....done.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1382 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a 93. Note the arrows added to your closeup (very good BTW) you can see the tail of the 3 and faint outline of lower curve, $.01 spend it fast!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Check coin197's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a 1993. A+ on the pictures, F for the condition (and I don't mean fine!)
ANA Member since 12/2015
Valued Member
United States
345 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andywoj00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's in the spend jar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2639 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The top of the 3 is flatter than the 2.
It is a 1993 with a normal reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2168 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2017  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank goodness for that. I think one of the members here mentioned on the forum awhile back. That he did not even look at the bad coins for fear of finding a Great Coin that was worth face value in the end. I can definitely relate to this now seeing how this could have been one of the big ones.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05