Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

John Lorenzo Collection  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2017  08:33 am Show Profile   Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I made a tentative agreement with the Steve Album Auction house to sell my Contemporary Circulating Counterfeits of Portrait Eight Reales used in the Gurney book and my World Counterfeits of 1500-1850 collected over the last 15 years which encompasses most European coin issues. I will be working with Stephen Lang their resident CC expert. The World CCs will have the same length/diverse cataloging which will appear in my new book on CCs soon via Amazon Books. If you have any questions now I can field them in this thread. We agreed on a commission rate so that these coins get the proper cataloging and are simply not bulk lot with generic cataloging so that these two collections can be used as reference items moving forward. Should be interesting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2662 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2017  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Steve Album Auction house
Good choice!
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry VIII
Valued Member
United States
176 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2017  09:31 am  Show Profile   Check PatAR's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PatAR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent idea! Cataloguing the collection using ID numbers from your book will provide a valuable foundation for numismatic study.

I look forward to both reference works and the auction itself!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2017  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the coins as you may know in the Gurney book on CC8Rs are Bob's and Gord Nichols of Canada which is BTW selling some of these now on eBay under the eBay name = tokeng. For the book I talked to Joe Lang their resident CC expert and after my book comes out later this year I will send him the World CC chapter electronically. He will (can) then cut and paste those coins in that chapter which have the full descriptions for their on-line descriptions ONLY. The paper catalog will have the one-liner obviously for cost savings/restrictions. There will be more than listed in the chapter for the World CCs. It will probably be broken out in Parts. Both the CC8R GNL Portraits and the World CC 1500-1850 pieces.

Heritage BTW does not handle CC's normally other than the big types likes Canadian Blacksmiths - Stacks Bowers obviously could but do not have the time so most would be group lotted and 1/2 page even with their on-line descriptions probably? (did not ask) would not be possible due to time constraints. We did agree on a slightly higher consignment fee but it was important to me for these coin to get a FULL description - although I don't expect EVERYONE to believe that statement <BG>. You are ever so right hopefully this will be used as a good reference. Most coins will start obviously at $50-up with no reserves. Lower if SA wishes ... its in their court.
Edited by colonialjohn
01/27/2017 7:09 pm
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2017  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afewmorecents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plese be sure to update us here when the bok and auction are published. I have the 8 Rls book already.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2017  11:41 am  Show Profile   Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The book at this point looks about May-June 2017. Its being currently edited and getting ready to submit to Amazon Books. This type of book is a long and tedious process. Information stopped going into the book around June 2016 with some exceptions if noteworthy like paktong and Matthew Boulton. Don't ask ... <VVBG>.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2017  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgenn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to buy some of Gord's CCs but was outsniped each time. Thanks, colonialjohn, for mentioning that they were on eBay.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2017  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just bookmark him - those were some duplicates. He normally puts up 10/week but not always GNL CC8R's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2017  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check colonialjohn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add colonialjohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over the next several weeks due to the quantity and not to overwhelm Steve Album on the consignment over 2017 I will be posting some great World CCs. Bookmark me at johnmenc on eBay. We start off with a double struck and partial reverse brockage 1775 George III Contemporary Circulating Halfpence from William Anton from 1985.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05