Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Schroeder Collection of Canadian Coinage Offered in Chicago and Beyond  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1385 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  12:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCF Press to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Heritage Auctions - We're particularly pleased to be offering highlights from the Schroeder Collection of Canadian Coins as a featured portion in our April 7 - 10 CCE World Coins & Ancient Coins Signature Auction. Avid collectors of the country will undoubtedly recognize a number of pieces from this astounding assemblage that were once part of great collections like Pittman, Norweb, Belzberg, Temple and more. Other pieces, often missing from these major collections of the past, feature great rarity, quality or both.

When listing the highlights of a great collection of Canadian Coinage, it always pays to start with the "King of Canadian Coins", the 1921 50 cent piece. This classic rarity is believed to exist in a quantity of about 75 coins, and even the lowest-graded example, such as the PCGS graded VG8 example in this collection, is a major prize, as evidenced by its current $28,000 bid against an estimate of $10,000-$15,000. It's good to own the King.

The Newfoundland issues in this collection are highlighted by a stunning Specimen 1872 gold 2 dollars, graded SP65 by PCGS. A half dozen or so of these coins are believed to exist, and only one has been certified in a finer grade. Even with that, it would be tough to beat the Schroeder coin's eye appeal.

The Schroeder Collection of Canadian Coinage is currently open for bidding as a part of our Chicago world coins auction, but portions will also be available to collectors as a part of our monthly World Coin Internet auctions. Part 1 of the monthly offerings is scheduled to open for bidding on March 26, with an auction date of April 30. Part 2 opens
immediately after, with bidding available until May 28. Previews and bidding are available through www.HA.com/coins!
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the current #2 Registry Set at PCGS. Looking to a couple to my set.

Gene
Learn More...
Canada
6938 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  11:42 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The NFLD Edward VII specimen cent is a rare item... I just bought a big NFLD coin and a big error.... so I will have to pass.

If only my pockets were deeper!!
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2017  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I learned yesterday that the owner of this set passed away on Jan 21, 2017 after a long fight with cancer.

Apparently he had the foresight to make arrangement for the sale of his coins.

This is a good lesson for all collectors.

Gene
Pillar of the Community
Canada
504 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2017  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Apitrix's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Apitrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Our of curiosity if these coins were purchased, or some, can they be sent in for a pedigree with either PCGS or ICCS?
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2017  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justanothercoinaddict to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gene, I had no idea that he had cancer - quite sorry to hear that. He was at the Winter FUN show this year if I'm not mistaken, unless I am thinking of the wrong person, so this comes as quite a shock.

You're right about making arrangements in advance of ones' passing. I have no immediate family left to leave them to so my significant other is going to be on the receiving end, assuming she outlives me. She is well-educated about coins and knows not to take them to the local B & M to be screwed. Her eyes always glaze over when I talk about the coins I purchase but she always pays attention to the technical lingo and the value aspects.

Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2017  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add justanothercoinaddict to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The person I was thinking of who I saw at the FUN Show in Ft. Lauderdale is not the deceased. I just wanted to clarify.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05