Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible Counterfeit 1958 Canadian Silver Dollar  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2017  11:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bcpete to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/lot-of-twent...201833170864

I am just new to this and maybe way out to lunch but I found these and 22 others listed by the same guy and it just didn't seem right. http://www.ebay.ca/sch/m.html?_sop=..._ssn=klhdist

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
2294 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2017  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see anything wrong with those Dollars.
They all look to be in mint condition so the
seller probably had a couple of rolls that he
has decided to break up and sell.
There were over three million produced, so there
are plenty of them out there.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1559 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2017  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ace_ftw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this coin was extremely popular in BC, banks kept ordering them in for customers, so if the seller in in BC then there is no surprise.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2017  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add santafeboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree very common not worth counterfeiting , you might ask the seller to weigh them
Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2017  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PEI penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was stateside down in Washington State around a year ago and saw one these for sale at an antique store going for less than its silver value, so needless to say I snapped it up.
Valued Member
United States
486 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garys64wildcat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one that is my money clip and another in my Dansco type set. A cool coin. I am from Wa state and used to get a lot of my Canadian here or in Vancouver or Victoria since we are close and go up and CRH at banks.
Those dollars looks great and real also.
Valued Member
Canada
314 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unruhjonny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently bought a small amount of silver Canadian coins from an American friend, no less than six of these in near perfect shape were in the lot.
Considering how common these are, I would highly doubt these would be faked.
My ongoing "want" list is HERE
Edited by unruhjonny
03/20/2017 6:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
923 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Common in very high grade even here in the east, going for melt.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05