Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

This is a 1992 D 1C. Needing a second second opinion  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  1:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lelah to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Again I'm new to this. I caught this going through saved pennies. I am trying to get an eye for different errors. Is this a doule die date? Does anyone know. And how do I tell about a close am. And also howuch would it be worth? Thank you

Bedrock of the Community
United States
18007 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a doubled die,it is a worn die. Not a CAM either.
Different date then yours,but shows a CAM http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/...1cOffers.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 4+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1330 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

worn dies cause that ghosting effect, true doubled dies very, very seldom effect both date and mintmark

Bedrock of the Community
United States
13976 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DDD (Die Deterioration Doubling), very common to all 1992's. Normal WAM reverse. Worth 1 cent.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
16155 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05