Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Early and Mid-Century European coins I need help with  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  4:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Scott Vaughn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Greetings!
Going through some stuff from my relatives I found I had these two coins... upon a cursory search online of what I thought they may be, it seems one or both might have some value to collectors, so any details, interest and otherwise help would be greatly appreciated!
-Doc

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2083 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Palestine 100 Mils KM# 7 1927-1942
Composition: Silver
Fineness: 0.7200
Weight: 11.6638g
ASW: 0.269999710643497oz
Melt Value: $4.72 (3/20/2017)
Diameter: 29mm

Design
Obverse: Plant flanked by dates, with inscription PALESTINE in English, Hebrew and Arabic
Reverse: Value within circle
Edge Description: Reeded

Can't tell the date of this one , values all over the board, what is the date of 100 Mill?

Australia Florin KM# 27 1911-1936

Specifications
Composition: Silver
Fineness: 0.9250
Weight: 11.3100g
ASW: 0.336352822029675oz
Melt Value: $5.88 (3/20/2017)
Diameter: 28.5mm

Design
Obverse: Crowned bust left
Obverse Designer: E. B. Mackennal
Reverse: Arms
Reverse Designer: W. H. J. Blakemore
Edge Description: Reeded

Notes
Ruler: George V

This one depend if H in VF = $30 or Lin VF = $225 (mintmark)
"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scott Vaughn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!

100 Mil is dated 1942.

>This one depend if H in VF = $30 or Lin VF = $225 (mintmark) <
- What does this mean..?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9001 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins you have there!

Quote:
>This one depend if H in VF = $30 or L in VF = $225 (mintmark) <
- What does this mean..?

VF is a grade (condition), and H and L are the different mintmarks, which would be located under the date. Well, the H is located under the date—nothing under the date (like what I see) means it is an L. However, I think Crazyb0 mixed up the values associated with the mintmarks. I am not sure how accurate NGC is with prices, but see here to see what they say.

As for the Palestinian coin, 1942 does not appear to be one of the really expensive dates (see here).
Edited by Joseph7420
03/20/2017 10:45 pm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scott Vaughn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In other words, maybe worth $5 and $30 respectively (in which case I would prefer to just hang on to them)... yes?

Thanks,
Doc
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9001 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not that good at determining prices for coins, but maybe around thirty dollars each. Looking at some sold listings on eBay, similar coins in similar conditions have sold for around that much.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2017  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scott Vaughn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Joseph!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05