Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908 indian head cent-guess the grade-Results Posted  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  5:49 pm Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's in an old NGC slab.

Edited by Slightly Lithuanian Zac
03/20/2017 9:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5457 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like wear on feather tips and hair curls . AU-58 , A few hits on obverse .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
5753 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Check ChildOfTheWheat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this a proof coin?
Just my humble opinion.
Remember: Change is good, especially when it's a Wheat penny
ANA Number 3181904
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1893 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ms62 rb?
My name is Devin, and I have been collecting now, for around 2 years. I love early American coppers. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad (I own most of the coins we sell, and he owns most of the currency), and most of all... I have fun!

Visit my eBay store, I have lots of BINS and auction style listings:
http://stores.ebay.com/In-God-We-Tr...and-Currency

Coinlover1899s want list: http://goccf.com/t/285521
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this a proof coin?

It's not graded as one. how could I tell if it is one?
Edited by Slightly Lithuanian Zac
03/20/2017 6:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
657 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse leads me to believe it may be a low-grade proof
"Why do you collect coins?"
"Why do you breathe?"
Pillar of the Community
United States
5753 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Check ChildOfTheWheat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The reverse leads me to believe it may be a low-grade proof

Thats what made me think it could be a proof coin
Just my humble opinion.
Remember: Change is good, especially when it's a Wheat penny
ANA Number 3181904
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1889 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Check RK55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the result: MS63 RB

More photos to see if its a proof:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12752 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next time, please give us at least 48 hours to reply to a post if you would! Most members have not even had a chance to look at this coin.
"It's amazing the things people would rather have than money."

Edited by Coinfrog
03/20/2017 9:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6802 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you wait 24 hours for opinions you will get more of them.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6802 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or, if you are an old Frog, 48 hours.
Valued Member
United States
200 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Slightly Lithuanian Zac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slightly Lithuanian Zac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oh, I'm sorry, first time
Do either of you think it's a proof?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12752 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, not a proof, forget it.

Indeed I am old, but I'd just like to see more input from members who may not be able to log in everyday.
"It's amazing the things people would rather have than money."

Pillar of the Community
United States
5691 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Check TypeCoin971793's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not enough feather detail for a proof.
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9902 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave your coin up for a while usually a couple days so, everyone gets to guess the grade.
True North
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05