Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Would like to figure out something with this coin  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lelah to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was looking through these coins and what is the middle one made of. Or why is it this color.. does anyone know just by looking at it? It's weird.. lol

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5978 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I think it may have been cleaned at one time.

Wait for a copper expert to confirm.

Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lelah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
2737 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the forum!

It looks cleaned to me too.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1speedy1111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your asking about the middle pictured coin I would also say cleaned. The top coin looks to be an Unc maybe AU for grade. The bottom coin looks like a natural brown coin. All three coins are large dates
Pillar of the Community
United States
6802 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colors commonly change on copper and bronze coins more rapidly than with other metals. In most cases the color differentiation is simply linked to where the coins have been.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4049 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2017  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like someone used the pencil eraser method to clean it.

- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Learn More...
United States
41940 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks like someone used the pencil eraser method to clean it.
That was my thought as well.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1890 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Check coinlover1899's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinlover1899 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the date doubled?

Looks like it may be machine doubling, but can't tell.
My name is Devin, and I have been collecting now, for around 2 years. I love early American coppers. I set up at coin shows and sell on eBay with my dad (I own most of the coins we sell, and he owns most of the currency), and most of all... I have fun!

Visit my eBay store, I have lots of BINS and auction style listings:
http://stores.ebay.com/In-God-We-Tr...and-Currency

Coinlover1899s want list: http://goccf.com/t/285521
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2017  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lelah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Idk. I'm new at this
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05