Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two Iberians Walk into an Auction ...... AE As Obulco  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2544 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  6:15 pm Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I took them home !

Well sort of anyway....
I had been looking for that really special someone to make my own. You know that really special one.
But I found these two "ladies" a few months ago and no one else seemed particularly interested in their well above average looks.
As far as the market for Obulco bronzes go I rate them around a 7 or an 8 out of ten !
But at $65 for the pair of these dark eyed Spanish beauties it was for me simply
....... a "no brainer" !

Iberia AE As Obulco
18.81 grams 28-30mm
(Attractive red/brown green and black patina)

Iberia AE As Obulco
20.17 grams 29-32mm
(Lovely black and green with a dash of brown patina)

As you can see from the dimensions they tend toward the plump !
A lovely pair of curvaceous girls they are
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Edited by FVRIVS RVFVS
04/20/2017 6:16 pm
Learn More...
United States
19617 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are a little different from what you usually collect. Both very nice, I've been wanting one of this type myself. Congrats.
Valued Member
Spain
267 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now they are really nice!!

Big coins aswell....

Just to let you know there are some Blue eyed Spanish beauties out here too!

Super coins thanks for sharing..Saludos Paul

Pillar of the Community
United States
2351 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed they are attractive. Great coins, and at a great price. Well done.
Valued Member
Spain
84 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins. They might be Alvarez Burgos 824 and 825 (or Vives 95-5, 95-6. The magistrates are (we must consider that there is not transliteration consensus): URKAILTU and NESELTUKO.

But my reply is due to a different concern: FVRIVS RVFVS be aware that this brave fellow:

(I think is the husband of beauty from Obulco) is looking for those who say that things to his wife.
Edited by Veton
04/21/2017 1:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1239 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And your two great ladies met another lady at the bar, who was accompanied by an odd-looking Roman fellow with two bulls and an eagle.

All in Obulco. I love that place.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2544 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2017  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for attributions !!
Yes I shall be wary of Spaniards carrying swords !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JGp7Meg42U

Very nice Mssr Doucet !
She is nearly a 9 !
It takes some getting used to the peculiar style of these bronzes.
But certainly hard not to notice !
Much like many of the eastern tetrarch folles of Diocletian & Maximianus I often wonder just what were they thinking making an image like that ?
As they had no trouble reproducing it I suspect it to be linked to an ancient cult image of a goddess from the area.

Happiness is a nice "plump" bronze.
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Valued Member
Spain
84 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Veton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The video of Mr. Montoya is , very good link.

In this topic there is a good example of medium and final Obulco coins.

About the lady, most of scholars think that is a representation of an iberian agriculture goddess.

saludos
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05