Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Tactical Treasures LLC Massive Coin Collection  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  11:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sheldon Overton Baby to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18252965267...AMEBIDX%3AIT

If you review some of those coins they are clearly fake.

A few of those foreign coins are worth big, big money....and also clearly counterfeit.

I have never even heard of that grading company and does not even turn up anything on Google. It is like the basement grader of basement graders.

That off-center V-nickel also looks super suspicious but not 100% sure that one is fake.

What is the verdict:

Out right scammer or just total novice?

Edit: Fixed link.
Edited by Sheldon Overton Baby
04/20/2017 11:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3049 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Link takes you to NGC. ?
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2017  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sheldon Overton Baby to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I fixed the link. I originally had the NGC link of what a REAL 1807 Rouble looks like which I will put here:

https://www.NGCcoin.com/price-guide...duid-1541735
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3049 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buyer beware!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4874 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bunch of common modern world coins, lots of fake old world coins in good old Chinese PCCB slabs with reverse stickers in Hindi?, a few real, low grade American coins in the mix, I see some common counterfeits from the no-no site as well.

So basically for your money you are getting a bunch of world coins usually sold by the pound for a dollar or two per pound, a bit of junk silver, some low grade coins, culls, and stuff bought directly from the no-no site...even if most of it is authentic, it's still a giant waste of money at the current bid price.
Adam (Paralyse)
ANA #3181967 - EAC #6338 - TNA - SSDC L/M
Washington 25c - Colonials - Early Copper - Morgans - VAMs...
Edited by paralyse
04/21/2017 01:35 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2123 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:28 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would someone kindly email me about this "no-no site". I'm not wanting to necessarily use it, just don't want to use by mistake.
"I'm beginning to like the taste of my feet. I find them inside my mouth continually."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4874 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found them on Facebook, they have a rather angry post up right now about how individuals are attacking them by claiming they are selling counterfeit coins...

Their Facebook claims this lot of coins is a storage unit purchase find. There is another post up there with a picture of the same coins, but presumably before the listing, showing them sorting them all out.

I'm leaning towards this being more a case of "real sellers, real find, but clueless about the contents."
Adam (Paralyse)
Edited by paralyse
04/21/2017 01:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
816 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto here. Can somone please pm me a link to this no no site? Everyone talks about it but no one mentions it by name. I kind of feel out of the loop.
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Well, not really. That's just something I tell myself because I ask so many.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although the seller seems to be currency dealer by looking at the items he sold in his rating profile, he has to know the gold coins are fake. If I came across authentic pile of coins like this with bunch of gold coins, I would definitely sell gold coins separately, especially double eagles.

Also, the way he stresses "no return" seems suspicious.

"Life is half over before you kinda know what it is..."
"So hurry up and collect those coins, and enjoy life..."
Pillar of the Community
United States
1454 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Check matttheriley's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, just wow.
Check me out on eBay!
My Want List and My Trade List

Favorite Quote from Ridiculous eBay Listings: ## JUST LOOKING THIS ERROR ##
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sheldon Overton Baby to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anybody reached out to this guy or guys and tried to explain the situation?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4874 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is what it is -- a couple of guys who buy storage units are selling a coin collection that they found in one. They haven't done any analysis on what's actually in the collection, or what it's worth, or if it's real or not, probably because they've already got bids higher than what they paid for the unit. I doubt that they care one whit about whether or not they are real or fakes.
Adam (Paralyse)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1454 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  10:06 am  Show Profile   Check matttheriley's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone is going to be very upset after spending north of six thousand dollars!
Check me out on eBay!
My Want List and My Trade List

Favorite Quote from Ridiculous eBay Listings: ## JUST LOOKING THIS ERROR ##
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3049 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody just didn't get burned on this lot, they got absolutely fried to a crisp!
Edited by westernsky
04/24/2017 10:53 am
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2017  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vetarun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The feedback is starting to roll in. Looks like tactical treasures will be getting it all back.
Valued Member
United States
257 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2017  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aron Green to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Suckers beware.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05