Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Non-payer negative feedback seconds after counterfeit eBay auction win  

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Goldflake to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

We all know eBay can't police 100's of thousands of REPORT ITEM everyday.

Just looking for your opinion on this:
I know 100% its a high end[$1,000+] counterfeit gold coin or bar listed with pics.
Seller has sold[with positive feedback received] and has relisted many again with pics.
I leave negative feedback seconds after winning eBay auction. Knowing I'll never pay.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex12780 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller will just repost the item for sale again and your eBay account will get a strike.
It's your collection, you make the rules!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1863 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I leave negative feedback seconds after winning eBay auction. Knowing I'll never pay.

If I understand correctly, why would you do that?

Don't bid in the first place. Don't leave negative feedback before you receive what you purchased (or didn't). Am I on the wrong track here or did you make a lot of assumptions?

Is this hypothetical or something that actually happened?

If it's hypothetical, it's simple: Stay Away.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."

-Carl Sagan
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  02:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While selling counterfeits is wrong. Bidding on an auction knowing you are never going to pay if you win is also wrong. Leaving negative feedback makes it even worse IMO.

Like mamma always said "Two wrongs don't make it right."

Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you list eBay link to the possible fake gold coin?

I'm sure if many of us look at it, then we might have better idea.
"Life is half over before you kinda know what it is..."
"So hurry up and collect those coins, and enjoy life..."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldflake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do it occasionally.I don't like what a seller is doing. I have notified him for selling counterfeit items. Still sells them.
Reporting to eBay is useless.They do nothing. makes me mad.
Probably done it 10 times in last 6 months. It's purpose is to scramble them and the paypal fees and know there being watched.
Never got a strike. Still get eBay Bucks coupons. got an 8% coupon code today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  09:45 am  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't pay, the seller will file an unpaid item case. Once their unpaid item case is processed, any negative feedback you left will be removed as part of the unpaid item strike. So there really is no point.
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my humble opinion, bidding without intending to pay is wrong. No matter the reason, IMHO, it's just wrong.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
479 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  10:06 am  Show Profile   Check flag4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know, it's still a felony to knowingly represent fake gold as real with the intent to commit fraud. But you would have to take possession of the product, have it tested and file charges with the authorities.
Probably better off just exposing his ads here on the eBay sub-forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2440 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two wrongs don't make a right

But three lefts do
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2426 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Check XavierOfGreen's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add XavierOfGreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BStrauss3, those three lefts only make a right if they are at least 60 degree turns, anything less and you'll still be heading more or less left
Oldest Found-------
Cent: 1842 (from machine) ---- Three Cent: 1866 [Nickel] (from machine)
Nickel: 1883 (from roll) ---- Dime: 1911 (from roll)
Quarter: 1932 (from machine) ---- Half: 1917 (from roll)
Dollar: 1880 (from machine) ---- Foreign: 1863 (from machine)
Edited by XavierOfGreen
04/21/2017 2:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldflake to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
re:Coconutjoe
I posted it the other day--- Alert eBay seller illinois63 Counterfeit Perth Mint gold multiple sales

Asked by a friend to put into blog. To warn others of listing.
Obvious fake illinois63 sold at least 6 recently.
item 222480155993
http://www.ebay.com/sch/illinois63/m.html
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
17068 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2017  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't care less what people do to these counterfeiters. Send them counterfeit checks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9138 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2017  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Send them counterfeit checks.

Why would you ever encourage people to commit a federal felony?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13441 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2017  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do ya think he might be joking?
"It's amazing the things people would rather have than money."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1863 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2017  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
any negative feedback you left will be removed as part of the unpaid item strike. So there really is no point.

The seller has 100% positive feedback so this practice is futile in the end and is more like

Like bobby, I don't care what people do with these but, I won't be participating in it. A part of my livelihood is selling on eBay and I try to be as honest as I can when selling or buying.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."

-Carl Sagan
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05