Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wheaties from a Hillside Hunt . . . and More Turkeys!  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1615 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  5:51 pm Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After taking my daughter to UW-Milwaukee this morning, I spent nearly four hours climbing up and down the steep hillsides across the street from the beach along Lake Michigan just north of downtown Milwaukee.

It was hard going with steep hillsides and a lot of loose dirt. It is amazing how many coins you find in the woods on hillsides. I dug up a total of 27 coins. Most were Memorials, but I did find four Wheat Cents including a decent 1912.

After hitting a turkey with my car last Monday, when I came out of the woods today, I found five turkeys, including this big Tom, strutting around the park right where I'd parked my car. Keep in mind, this is a half mile from downtown Milwaukee! We have turkeys everywhere here in Wisconsin.

I've included a photo of the hillside where I found the 1912 Lincoln. These hills lead down to the park along Lake Michigan.

Paul Bulgerin
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So were you metal detecting?
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
954 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's in the "metal detecting forum" so I say yes!! Cool pictures and nice finds!!
Working on a Dansco ASE 7181. 16 of 32
Pillar of the Community
United States
3079 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice old '12 wheat! Great pics all around -
Mid-Michigan
Oldest dig 1758 Reale
Minelab Explorer II
ETrac
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors
Pillar of the Community
United States
677 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2017  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
27 coins, wow. Looks like a good spot.
When you going backHH+GL.
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” Ben Franklin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4543 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2017  05:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice turkey!
Canada
31 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2017  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silverinthehole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always like to find a wheatie...you know you are in a good spot...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05