Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 FY DDR -- WDDR-004?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2017  11:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Your thoughts on this one appreciated. There were only two DDR listings where the doubling manifested as a finger between the thumb and index finger, and it looked closer to 004 to me.

On an related note, how do the PL and DMPL designations work? I've only seen them used on Morgan dollars, but I have come across cents that seem to have a prooflike surface.

[edit] Yes, I know the images are oriented incorrectly. If that's your only comment, please refrain. I've spent the past fifteen minutes trying to get them to work (and you guys know I'm usually good with getting it right). I've tried rotating the originals before resizing, renaming after downloading the resized image, and uploading the originals then rotating in the resizing tool. I've got nothing.
Edited by Druu
05/18/2017 11:19 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmsexauer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have also now been using the proof like designation on some of the new ATB Quarters.. more common on the S mint business strikes.. I just went through a 100 coin S mint bag of the 2014 Shenandoah quarters.. every one of them is proof like.. the bag of Perry's Victory quarters I have exhibits a "bullseye" area of proof like shine in the center of both obverse and reverse on each coin.. I'm assuming the mint is using the proof dies to mint these business strikes and after a while of minting the business strikes, the dies start to wear down, which would explain the partial proof like ring I got on my Perry's Victory quarters..if your coin is exhibiting more of a mirror like proof shine opposed to the standard mint luster I do not see why it would not qualify for a PL designation..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1000 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2017  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Druu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the pic rotation, mods!

rmseauer, thanks for that info. I meant to look into it last night, but I got sidetracked. I'm not sure about the proof dies being used for circulation strike coins -- I'll have to look into that later when I have a moment -- but I'd be interested in images if you have any. I only have one S mint National Parks quarter, and that's the gimicky one that comes with the folder.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2017  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmsexauer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually have some photos posted under us modern coin grading sub thread.. 11th post down or so 2014 S ATB
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05