Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 General Numismatic Discussion Forums (Non Country Specific)
 Coin Roll Hunting

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (from bank rolls) - Post Yours!

Previous Page | Next Page    
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 665
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spaaz9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finished up my first box of pennies and found 2 more wheaties (55 and 45). Then I found 17 more in the first two rolls of the second box. Final tally for the night, 19 wheaties (1940-1955), a 1961 wood grain and a 1960D with the 9 filled in.

Posted it here for comments http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=114038 on what it is.

Going to finish up this box tonight. Going out of town next week so I won't be able to pick up more til I get back. Don't think TSA would let me through with 50lbs of pennies anyway :) But I'm addicted now!
Valued Member
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi All, I haven't been around in a while and just went through a box-o-cents last weekend. Here's what I found, sorry no pics of actual finds. It's motivated me to get another box this weekend.

- A 1892 Netherlands cent. From what I can find it's valued around $3 to $25.
(just a stock photo, not the actual find, but it's very similar)

- 3 wheats. Mixed years, non-key dates ranging 30's to 50's.

- A couple upgrades for my circulated modern US cent collection.

- 4 PMD 'golden' colored coated/plated pennies.

- 50% pre-1982 copper (which if I remember correctly is a pretty good percentage.)

- No errors/varieties :| just some misc. small dates.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spaaz9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brought 5 of the rolls to work with me and found 3 more wheaties. 44, 51-D and 58-D

This second box has been awesome for LWC :)
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
20348 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's what I found... A 1892 Netherlands cent.
Very nice!

(Even if it is not your photo )
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn about my new avatar and my old one.

>>> Chicago Blackhawks - 2013 Stanley Cup Champions <<<

Did you know that our members sell on eBay and that there is a better way to search it?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the Netherlands coin. And an old-timer at that!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1913,1916 ,1935 at mcdonalds drawer yesterday and my girl got a 1914 ,1936 from her drawer at other store last night as well . No mm's but still teen's !
Pillar Of The Community
United States
10882 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  3:11 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the Netherlands coin.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ibab to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find - can't say I've ever found one of those
Valued Member
United States
432 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got to love those penny drive at the local schools. I just picked up six bags of cents to go through. Maybe two worth.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that 1958-D. Nice!
Valued Member
United States
261 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgathright to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3/18/2012 Lincoln Roll Searches

Source:
20x 50 cent Rolls mixed styles of brown wrapper, Captial One Bank; Nelson Road, L*, LA Branch

Wheat penny Finds:
1956D

Other Finds:
1968 Canada 1 Cent
----------------------------
20x 50 cent Rolls mixed styles of brown wrapper, First Federal Bank; Sulphur, LA branch

Wheat penny Finds:
1945? (Cannot read letter)

Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got what seemed to be just the zinc core of a 1988 D cent. It is pretty roughed up with multiple scratches, but I saved it
Pillar Of The Community
United States
10882 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  5:28 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the 1919!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wanna flip? I'll take heads!

Found this yesterday in a brinks roll.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pix of edge, please.
Page: of 665  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05