Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool Lincoln Roll Finds (from bank rolls) - Post Yours!  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 738
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spaaz9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finished up my first box of pennies and found 2 more wheaties (55 and 45). Then I found 17 more in the first two rolls of the second box. Final tally for the night, 19 wheaties (1940-1955), a 1961 wood grain and a 1960D with the 9 filled in.

Posted it here for comments http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=114038 on what it is.

Going to finish up this box tonight. Going out of town next week so I won't be able to pick up more til I get back. Don't think TSA would let me through with 50lbs of pennies anyway :) But I'm addicted now!
Valued Member
United States
341 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add trent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi All, I haven't been around in a while and just went through a box-o-cents last weekend. Here's what I found, sorry no pics of actual finds. It's motivated me to get another box this weekend.

- A 1892 Netherlands cent. From what I can find it's valued around $3 to $25.
(just a stock photo, not the actual find, but it's very similar)

- 3 wheats. Mixed years, non-key dates ranging 30's to 50's.

- A couple upgrades for my circulated modern US cent collection.

- 4 PMD 'golden' colored coated/plated pennies.

- 50% pre-1982 copper (which if I remember correctly is a pretty good percentage.)

- No errors/varieties :| just some misc. small dates.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spaaz9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Brought 5 of the rolls to work with me and found 3 more wheaties. 44, 51-D and 58-D

This second box has been awesome for LWC :)
Learn More...
United States
26769 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's what I found... A 1892 Netherlands cent.
Very nice!

(Even if it is not your photo )
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the Netherlands coin. And an old-timer at that!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1913,1916 ,1935 at mcdonalds drawer yesterday and my girl got a 1914 ,1936 from her drawer at other store last night as well . No mm's but still teen's !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12149 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  3:11 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the Netherlands coin.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ibab to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find - can't say I've ever found one of those
Valued Member
United States
480 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got to love those penny drive at the local schools. I just picked up six bags of cents to go through. Maybe two worth.
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like that 1958-D. Nice!
Valued Member
United States
264 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rgathright to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3/18/2012 Lincoln Roll Searches

Source:
20x 50 cent Rolls mixed styles of brown wrapper, Captial One Bank; Nelson Road, L*, LA Branch

Wheat penny Finds:
1956D

Other Finds:
1968 Canada 1 Cent
----------------------------
20x 50 cent Rolls mixed styles of brown wrapper, First Federal Bank; Sulphur, LA branch

Wheat penny Finds:
1945? (Cannot read letter)

Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  4:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got what seemed to be just the zinc core of a 1988 D cent. It is pretty roughed up with multiple scratches, but I saved it
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12149 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  5:28 pm  Show Profile Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the 1919!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ All Metal Conservation Fluid
http://www.verdichem.com
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wanna flip? I'll take heads!

Found this yesterday in a brinks roll.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  03:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pix of edge, please.
Page: of 738 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2015 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2015 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05